1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

does this point towards cis or trans?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Fogspace, Jan 25, 2015.

?

was this a cis, trans, or trivial behaviour?

1. cis, ...calm down.

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. seems fairly trans to me.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. this is stupid, you were 3!

12 vote(s)
    85.7%
  1. Fogspace

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Once, when I was really little 2-3ish my dad was giving me a bath. I had to pee so I went over to the potty and started climbing up. My dad was impatient so he told me just to pee standing up. I asked him why my sister never had to pee standing up and he told me she couldn't, she didn't have a penis. Confused, I asked him what she had instead, and how she used the restroom. Does this point towards cis (I saw nothing innately wrong with my penis) or trans (I assumed I had the same genitalia as a girl). Alternatively, am I way to far into my own head right now, and this was basically a meaningless incident.

Btw, I wasn't nearly as articulate or capable at 3 as I sound the way I wrote this, that is basically what happened though.

2. Tohru-Chan

Well little kids don't really understand that males and females have different genitalia. This seems like normal childhood curiosity to me.

Edit:

That being said I cannot answer the poll with only this story that took place when you were 3.

Have you ever thought you might be a girl? Do you want hips, breasts, a higher voice? Have you ever wanted to wear dresses or lipstick? Are you uncomfortable being a boy?

#2 Tohru-Chan, Jan 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  3. PossumJack

Kids don't really have a clear concept differences between sexes at that age, so I'd say you were just being a normal clueless child at that point.

4. Fogspace

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Yea, there have certainly been other signs. I'm really about 80% sure I'm trans at this point. I'm just sorta freaking out lately and analysing everything from my childhood. Btw, I had a third response to the poll just for that.

Unrelated, at first I thought I might be gay because I fantasized about sex with guys sometimes. It seems to me though that gay guys would be attracted to guys as a guy. Whenever I fantasized though, it was with me as a girl, with a guy. Would that point towards trans? Bring with a guy as a guy sounds really gross to me.

#4 Fogspace, Jan 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  5. crazycat

Out Status:
    A few people
    Sounds like you might be trans. Do you also feel attracted to women? If you do, does it matter whether you are a man or a woman? Do you feel this way outside of a sexual context?

6. Fogspace

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I do also feel attracted to women. I never really picture myself with a women though because... well, it kinda makes me uncomfortable. It's weird to picture myself sexually as a guy. Lately I've been trying to picture myself as a girl with a girl, and it's better, but still a little odd. That might just be because I'm not physically a girl, so I'm not necessarily identifying as said girl. That could go either way though.

It's worth mentioning that I have had some mild dysphoria. I was terrified of getting chest/leg hair. Once, my friend told me asparagus was a testosterone booster and I haven't eaten asparagus to this day.

I have cross dressed a couple times. At first I did it because it was arousing, but later on, I don't know why I did it. I haven't in a couple years because I don't have easy access to womens clothing since my sister left for college. I don't feel any pressing need to though, so I don't know what that means.

In another childhood story, before I hit puberty and my penis was fully developed, I used to poke it inside out, just cause.(it wasn't painful, and there was nothing sexual involved, I was like 10) once I hit puberty though, I couldn't anymore. It wasn't a one time thing either, I did this multiple times.

7. Jellal

Since your story is not my experience and it's your own, it is impossible for me to call this more cis or more trans. I just don't have the data to make an informed judgment! If we're just going by gut feelings, my gut feeling is you are overthinking this particular incident. But a core part of finding your identity involves thinking hard about all sorts of stuff, so if this is important/formative for you, then that's alright. My early trans-type memories are really isolated incidents, I didn't get consistent feelings until I was well into my middle school days.

8. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You definitely sound like you could be trans from everything you have said in this thread, but it seems like you are overanalyzing the incident from when you are three.

You experience dysphoria (even if it is mild), and you don't like to picture yourself being with someone of either gender unless you are a girl. That is compelling evidence that you could be trans, if you feel like the label fits.

9. SonicBoom

Can someone tell me what "cis" means?

I have no idea. :eusa_doh:

#9 SonicBoom, Jan 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  10. Alive

Cis or cisgender = someone whose gender identity matches their anatomical gender at birth. someone who identifies with the sex they were born as