1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Voice Training?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Nekoko, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Any suggestions for someone who can't afford a voice coach at the moment but wants to make their voice higher? I've been doing a lot of singing practice, singing soprano parts, to help stretch my vocal cords but beyond that I'm not sure what to do... My voice is pretty versatile, but I've lost my ability to do higher more feminine voices in recent years... I can do some higher voices but the still have a masculine tinge to them unfortunately... And I have trouble making them sound natural... Any help would be appreciated and rewarded with kisses and hugs!<3

2. Lazuri

That masculine tinge you're mentioning is resonance.

It's good you practice the way you do because getting a feminine voice starts with talking a lot in falsetto so the higher ranges don't hurt. Once you've done that you gotta lower it a bit so your voice isn't super high as that usually just makes you sound like a child or a stripper.

Then there's the tricky part. After finding the right pitch, you gotta decrease the resonance. It's a little bit hard to explain, but you basically need to restrict your throat and make it smaller. It might be a bit painful at firat because you're using muscles you have never used before. It's a matter of practice.

A good example of how resonance works is blowing into a bottle. The emptier it is, the deeper and more vibrating the sound. Your voice box works much in the same way.

There are some pretty good tutorial videos on youtube. It's a good idea to stick to videos with a few views. 50k or so.

3. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you! That was a lot of great advice! ^w^ :kiss: & (*hug*) as promised! :3

4. KayJay

5. Lazuri

Yeah, she's good. She's saying the same thing as many others do, she just explains it a little better.

6. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You could have a look in this thread, if you haven't seen already:
    voice

(*hug*)