1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why did it just get so intense?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by DarkWolf, Jan 26, 2015.

1. DarkWolf

Out Status:
    Some people
    I know I make a lot of threads, and sorry for that but I just need to vent.

Usually my dysphoria isn't too bad, I can still look in the mirror and get through the day. In fact I have had doubts that I was really trans because it wasn't that bad. But for whatever reason during my time of the month it gets a 1000x worse.

This morning I just felt so desperate to put on my binder and I just felt this terrible sinking feeling when I looked at my breasts. I just been feeling depressed and wanting to curl up and cry. And the fear that I won't ever get to transition has been weighing over me. And this happened to me the previous I have had my time of my month, pretty much ever since I realized I was transgender. And even before I always just felt horrible around my time of the month.

I know it's typical for people to become more emotional around their time of the month but it's not that I am getting mood swings, I just feel flat out depressed. And I hate it, because just as I am telling myself that I will figure things out in the next year or two mother nature comes swooping in with her devilish plan and make me feel this terrible loathing of my female body. I wish I could just rip off this female body to reveal the man beneath but several days later I will be asking myself if there was ever a man beneath.

I have no idea how I am suppose to handle this every month and I am suppose to go to my therapist again soon with my mindset gone from confusion to feeling so dysphoric. I don't know if anyone experiences this too?

2. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It happens to me a lot. Some days I'm getting by without a problem to where I forget I'm trans and my dysphoria isn't there at all really, and if it is, I never notice it. Other times, it's crippling and leaves me tearing the house up to find my binder (or battle armor as I call it nowadays) and refuse to be seen without layers of clothing and I pretty much want to crawl under my bed and die.

It's just something you figure out with eventually, but talking to a gender therapist can help you find coping mechanisms. I don't do it like I'm supposed to, but she gave me a list of stuff I could do if I feel an anxiety attack coming on; and that could be applied to dysphoria to help you cool down and distract yourself for a while until it comes down a bit. What are your interests? Video games and music do the trick for me.

3. DarkWolf

Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you, daydreamer.

I did end up drawing last night to just get what's in my head out. But usually that, writing, reading, or video games is what I do to escape.

On a related note I really wish people would stop mistaking me for a girl on social media though I haven't uploaded a different picture in a long time. Not only does it make me feel socially dysphoric but it's bringing too many creeps.