1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new and very confused with gender

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by chromeyissolost, Jan 28, 2015.

1. chromeyissolost

Out Status:
    A few people
    okay this may get really messy so i apologize if it gets confusing to follow

Hello. My name is Chrome, or the name that I've decided on using for myself because I hate my brother name a lot, even though are pretty feminine sounding. Anyways, my birth gender is female and I've always bebe use to that, wearing the holy gender roles 'girls were pink blah blah' I was that little girl with her extremely light blond hair and bright blue eyes.
    Yet it seems now that im in highschool, I've started to question myself. I thought maybe I was gender fluid but that didn't seem all that right so i forgot about i for awhile after i started to dress more manly for a couple days. But now, now i have no fucking clue. Maybe I'm stressing out over this for no reason but it is really stressful.
    I feel so much better dressing as a guy, it seriously boost my self esteem up a lot yet I'm kinda fine with like being a girl??? That I'm starting to question but then i overthink on it whenever i do.

I just need help.
    Maybe aome advice .if that's possible.

Im so bad at this
    Its just i guess my question is
    How can you know what your gender is?

2. Acm

Acm Guest

If you just like wearing men's clothes, then that's fine. Lots of girls wear men's clothes.

Do you feel uncomfortable being female in any way? Would you prefer to go by different pronouns, or have a different gendered body?

3. GreyArchery

Acm asks some really good questions. Take your time, really think them through. And if you'd like some more links to stuff, I've got a few posted in my blog. They might help you out, even if it's a realization that 'nope, this doesn't describe me'.

And Acm is right - lots of women wear men's clothes. Clothing preference doesn't always have to indicate your gender. Read this article for more info on that - very helpful: The Genderbread Person v2.0.

Also, feel free to ask questions - either in the forums or on people's walls. Everyone is very friendly and supportive. I'd be more than willing to answer any questions you might have, to the best of my ability seeing as I'm still figuring things out myself.

4. chromeyissolost

Out Status:
    A few people

Well.
    Yeah kinda
    When I'm referred with female pronouns i just dont like it really, I also find if annoying but i have no guts to tell people what we ant to go by. Hhaaa (I'm bad at explaining sorry •^• ) I use the pronouns they them theirs because I don't know what i am yet.
    So I guess in a way i dont like being a girl but i just brush it off. A lot. Like a lot a lot because I have thought about it for a long time and i just don't like how i feel just not myself as a girl or extremely depressed and shitty.
    I don't know if that made any sense.
    Sorry ;3;

5. Stefan

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm questioning the same things right now in my life. I find myself researching more and more each day to see if I am trans or not.
    The clothes you wear do not make you trans. I thought maybe it was one of those reasons why I might be trans at first but I was wrong.

What I did was made a list on why I think I'm trans. It helped a lot. Maybe you should try it too!

6. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  7. cosmic punk

Well first off clothes don't make you trans! Being feminine or masculine doesnt either. ( There are effeminate cis men and masculine cis women in the world )

Secondly I'd say you might be trans or possibly androgyne? Ask yourself questions like "am i comfortable as a girl?" "would I prefer to be in a male body or present myself as male?" things like that. If you're out to some close friends I would let them know youre trying to figure out your identity and ask them to call you a different name/use masculine pronouns and see how you feel about it.
    (If not then I would say definitely look into androgyne or bigender. Possibly demiboy?)

It's somewhat difficult to explain because,for me, I knew as soon as I started puberty (around 12 years old) that I was uncomfortable in my body for different reasons than the other girls my age. It really does just take time and a lot of thinking! you don't have to rush it though, just take things one step at a time.