1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dysphoria Blues

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by FairlyChilled, Jan 29, 2015.

1. FairlyChilled

Out Status:
    A few people
    I have been doing really well lately and haven't had much in the way of dysphoria for a couple of weeks.

This morning I wake up late and get going dressed packed lunch for a long day at the office.

I get to work and realize that I don't have much to till my boss get's in 2 hours later.
    While I am keeping my self busy I end up needing to use the restroom.
    In the restrooms we have a floor to ceiling mirror on one wall and then a huge mirror on the back of the vanity. You can't help but look at your self; & boom there it is reality staring back at me.
    A huge wave of dysphoria in my face baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am in the process of lossing weight and hate how male I look. I am slowly working to change that as well. But I have a long way to go.

Please tell me that I am not alone in the dysphoria happening to me like this.

2. Lazuri

You're not alone, it's very common. I get dysphoria just about every time I look into a mirror. It got better since I got long hair, though.

3. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yes.
    (*hug*)
    I'd say its common.
    You could try to grow your hair out, and maybe keep it in a ponytail if you need to...

You could make a mental picture of how you'd like to be eventually, and think of that.
    This should overwrite the picture you have in your head from the mirror.
    You could do that anytime you encounter an occasion like in the mirror.

Trust your looks will change over time. It just takes its time.

#3 jay777, Jan 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2015