1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any advice

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Underthewater, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Underthewater

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So recently my girlfriend has been questioning their gender, at first they thought they were agender then something else and this is all new to me so I don't really understand the different names...but lastnight we were talking and we both think it could be they're transgender which actually doesn't scare me as much as I'd thought..I would like to think I'm a supportive girlfriend and I want to help them wherever possible, I was wondering if there's any websites where you can talk to someone 1 to 1 in a message board or something similar? They can talk to me of course but we both agree it might help talking to someone who knows what you're going through, and if there's anyone that has or still is with their transgender partner any advice? I love this person with all my heart and I'm not going to leave them no matter what gender...I call myself a lesbian but if my girlfriends going to be my boyfriend, what am I?

Peace, love and turtle doves

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You could have a look here:
    Mermaids

http://emptyclosets.com/forum/anony.../164030-mermaids-should-i-contact-them.html#2

and here:
    SupportLine - Support and Information

Your friend could have a further look here:
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/gende...9807-figuring-out-my-gender-identity-s.html#4

Your friend does not have to come to the same conclusion as others in the thread... its up to them...

Just take the time you need...
    it can be fun trying out different hair and clothing styles...

hugs

3. Seige

Hello! And welcome to EC :slight_smile: I know it can be very confusing and muddling when you begin to bring gender into sexuality. If youd just like to talk to someone whos gone what shes gone through, feel free to ask me, if youd like. It sounds like her/him/they went through a similar situation as me. Have you asked them if theyd possibly like to use male/gender neutral pronouns. I would suggest just being as supportive as possible, but not pushing them.
    And again, dont worry too much about your label, if your girlfriend becomes your boyfriend. And if youd like to talk, feel free to aak me anything.

4. Underthewater

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thank you both very much :slight_smile:

5. Seige

Thats what were here for :slight_smile: to help other people.