1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feminine Transguy?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Sonoa, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Sonoa

Out Status:
    Some people
    Heya guys

So i'm currently identifying as a transguy and i'm pre-everything including pre-crossdressing . I've been thinking that i would be presenting myself as a guy but with feminine characteristics, i dont see myself as some super masculine/buff person
    But I don't know if i would still be considered a transguy? I mean i'm fine with looking moderately feminine but still guy-ish with short hair although i still hate having female genitals and have body dysphoria about them. I blame hearing that some people don't consider guys who still hold on some feminine aspects to be actual transman so i'm confused if i would be still considered transgender despite being okay being feminine.

2. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Crossdressing is wearing the clothes of the opposite gender, usually for fun.
    So, if you feel like a guy and you wear guy's clothes, that would not be you crossdressing, that would be... Just you wearing normal clothes.

Some will consider you a transguy, others won't. This is the same as when you go outside and there is this guy thinking you are gorgeous, and then another thinking you are... Not gorgeous.

Just do what feels right for you. If you say you are a feminine guy, then embrace yourself and enjoy.

3. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just do and be whatever the hell you want.

4. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Cis men can be more feminine or more masculine, trans men can be more feminine or more masculine... You can crossdress or wear make-up or anything, really, and if you consider yourself as a guy, you're a guy. Simple as that.
    I think there is pressure on trans people to fit the masculine or feminine stereotypes of their gender, so maybe it will be hard to convince someone who isn't familiar with these issues that you are a man. It's not your problem, but will probably make your life more difficult.

#4 Dryad, Jan 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2015
  5. iiimee

Hey! I am a trans guy, and trust me, I'm not masculine! (However much I desire to be so...) In any case, do what works best for you! A trans guy usually feels extra pressure to fit a masculine stereotype, but just like cisgenders, we are not super masculine OR feminine! I may wear a leather jacket most of the time, but I can be a very stereotypical feminine guy around my girl friends! Do whatever you like! Heck, sometimes I wear eyeshadow and heels along with my guy clothes, just to kinda show my friends without words "I can be whatever"... Am I weird? Yes. But we all are! Good luck finding your sense of style, and don't let others try to change it!

6. phylisanne

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi ,
    Newbie here I am the exact opposite i want to stay somewhat of a guy outside(family reasons) but inside I identify as phylis I have grown small a/b cup breasts and later want the surgery so to speak at 60 there is no issue with making babies etc when I dress as phylis I am all her and am bi so when a man hits on me I want to be all girl in that respect (quite frankly no matter what I do and how I go about it anal intercourse is just not com fortable to me . and like the others have said to hell with the other people be you !!
    hugs phylis anne

7. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

<---- Not super masculine looking

There are femme cis guys, androgynous cis guys.... Just be you, being trans shouldn't stop you from that.

8. dray7

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Feminine trans guy here! I love make-up and a lot of stereotypically feminine things and I tend to say "omg" a lot when I'm texting but I am still 100% a boy. And if you identify as a male, then literally nothing you do can change that. It doesn't matter how you dress, if you like stereotypically feminine things, even if you don't have dysphoria at all: if you identify as a man, you are a man.

#8 dray7, Jan 31, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
  9. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    There is no such thing a s being trans enough.

Its a spectrum.

Its up to you where you feel comfortable.

hugs

10. PossumJack

Gender expression = the way you act and present yourself to the world.
    Gender identity = the gender you identify with in your mind.

These are two completely separate things! If you want to present yourself as a feminine guy then you're a feminine *guy*. How you want to dress or act doesn't affect your gender identity. Just do whatever it is that makes you the most comfortable.

11. Riz

Riz

Another fem trans guy here, very feminine if you judge me by style and clothes.
    It's definitely harder to fit in outside typical male stereotypes, you'll have to stand up for who you are. It can be a struggle, especially if you are shy.

But please try! I speak from many years of experience when I say trying to fit in that stereotype will make you unhappy if it's not how you wanna present yourself.
    As long as you can look in the mirror and smile, liking your reflection you're fine. Let that confidence shine through and it'll make you pass well. Be confident and few will confront you.

I'd love to help with feminine clothing and make up that's still manly enough for none to ask questions.
    But with expression yourself there are no limitations, experiment!

12. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  13. Sonoa

Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you all for all of the replies, i feel much more comfortable knowing that it's perfectly okay to dress up however i want no matter how feminine or masculine and still be a guy :grin:

14. SkyColours38

Yeah I consider myself kinda 'camp' a lot of the time, but it doesn't mean I'm not a trans guy.