1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Blazer97, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Blazer97

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    What's gender fluid ? Is it feeling like a girl or a boy at random times ? Or is it attraction to females and males ?

And, gender identity does not define ur sexual orientation right ? Ppl tend to thk i'm a lesbian bcuz i'm boyish.

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    For gender fluid, you might have a look here:
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/gender-identity-expression/155543-not-female-not-male-but.html#2

Gender idendity and sexual orientation are two different things.
    http://everydayfeminism.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Genderbread-2.1.jpg

People might be of any orientation.

You might have a look here:
    Am I Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, or Transgender?

And there is sexual and romantic attraction.

I'd say just take your time, and ask if you have further questions.

#2 jay777, Jan 31, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
  3. Chriswe

My definition of genderfluid is that one feel like they switch between two or more genders. There are more than two genders, remember that. Genderfluid has no connection to who one is attracted to, because gender identity does in no way define someone's sexual or romantic attraction.

Sadly people tend to think that someone is gay, straight or whatever other orientation just because of the level of masculinity, femininity or androgyny they express. It's just a stereotype that all lesbians act more masculine, because that's what media show us these days.

I wish you the best :slight_smile:

4. Blazer97

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Okay. Thanks for the help !

5. Jellal

The one transgender friend I personally know IRL identifies specifically as genderfluid, and goes by they/them/theirs. It's not that they don't have a gender, it's just that gender is in a state of flux.

Honestly, I think most people are genderfluid to a certain extent. After all, despite how much people fear change, we humans are in a constant state of flux, constantly growing, constantly aging, with minds that (hopefully) remain open to new ideas. But whether or not the "genderfluid" label makes you comfortable is totally up to you ... lots of people prefer having a comparatively more concrete gender like male or female. I'm one of them, because I simply would prefer not to go by them/they/their, to me it sounds "plural."