1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a way to get in contact with a gender therapist without your parents knowing

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by antibinary, Jan 31, 2015.

1. antibinary

Basically, I do not think my mum would give me the support I need and the internet, as great as it is, I'd rather have a professional person to talk to. So is there a way to get in contact with a therapist (online or whatever) without a parent knowing.

(I'm 13 and in the UK by the way)

2. Seige

Re: Is there a way to get in contact with a gender therapist without your parents kno

Im not sure how it is in ththwK, But here, its extrrmly illegal, and im not sure if it would even be possible. An alternative would be to ask your mym to go to a regular therapist. They might not have as much insight on your gender, but they would still be able to listen and possibly help.

3. antibinary

Re: Is there a way to get in contact with a gender therapist without your parents kno

Ok, worth a try.

4. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  5. antibinary

Thanks!

6. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people

As Seige said, you could find a regular therapist. But instead of it being a regular therapist, you could just tell your mom a different reason why you need them, when really they specialize in many things including LGBT. You could tell your mom that you're depressed, and tell her you looked for a therapist and found one you think you would like. But while it looks like a therapist with many specialties (including depression and LGBT), she would see the depression part while you're actually talking about your gender with her. I think it could work but only if they have whatever issue you're telling your mom you have and LGBT. A general therapist probably won't be able to help you enough.

7. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I'm not sure if this is a thing in the UK, but you could try Skype.