1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just can't.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Blazer97, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Blazer97

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    The more i look around, the more i'm sure that i'm a lesbian.
    But in my place, especially my family, will never approve that.
    So i often feel ashamed about this.

How can i be really really sure that i'm a lesbian ?
    Or am i having this doubt because i still can't accept myself ?
    Back then when i was 14 or 15 i never feel ashamed to let anyone know who's my crush ( a girl).
    Because in my school, there are always juniors girl-crushing on seniors, and they will outgrow them.
    But i'm pretty sure i'm different.

Now i'm in college.
    And i'm still not " outgrowing " it.
    How could i be sure that i'm a lesbian ?

And if i really am, how do i convince myself that it's not myself to blame ?

#1 Blazer97, Jan 31, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
  2. Seige

You ahouldnt blame yourself for something that isnt bad. Im very sorry that the people near you are unsupportive, that must be very hard. Would you be able to move adter college? It sounds like you have a genuine attraction towards girls.
    Id like you to think of something, and it mught help you figure out yoyr sexuality.
    When youre with a girl thats attractive and kind, how does it make you feel? Have you ever felt that way about a guy? Or only with women?

3. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Being gay is not a choice, so its neither their nor your fault..
    Empty Closets - For Parents
    ->The credible scientific literature ...

You might have a look here to get used to the thought:
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/chit-...fo-you-got-ec-helped-you-accept-yourself.html

You might say that your orientation is only a part of you... you are still the same...

And you might try to join a GSA, or have a look at the next lgbt center near you for events and courses... there might even be support groups...

and you might have a look at this thread:
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/anonymous-discussions/166447-how-do-you-make-friends-adulthood.html#2

(*hug*)