1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I might be genderfluid??

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by insertusername, Feb 2, 2015.

1. insertusername

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm 14, and I think I might be genderfluid.

A little over a year ago, I was really confused and upset because I felt like a boy. I experienced a lot of dysphoria with my chest and I wanted to cut my hair. I just... felt like a boy, I guess. I would feel like this for a few days - a week at a time, but in between that time I felt like a girl. I still liked makeup and stereotypical girly stuff. I didn't know of the term genderfluid or anything further than boy OR girl at the time so I summed it up to just a phase. However, there were and are days when I feel..off?? Like when I'm getting ready on these days, I pick more boyish, dark clothes and my makeup just feels frustrating and wrong (not like a bad makeup day, I've had those too and it feels different).

Pretty recently, I discovered the term genderfluid. I started crying and the idea of being acknowledged as a boy made me really really happy. It felt really right. Ever since then, there have been a day or two that when I was being referred to as a girl I felt like crying, and when I failed to act more masculine I was really frustrated.

I know this sounds like evidence enough, but I don't just wanna jump into anything without being certain, and there have been days where masculine things completely put me off (...then again I can say the same thing about feminine things as well hahah). Any advice or anything to add would be appreciated! ♡

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  3. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You definitely sound genderfluid to me.

What you describe sounds a lot like my experience. At this point, I lean far towards being male, but it used to feel more even and more fluid for me, and what you described it almost exactly how I felt.