1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i can't decide on what i am...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by RadioRoss, Feb 2, 2015.

1. RadioRoss

I feel like this might just come from ignorance, but we'll see...

Recently I've been thinking that I'm genderfluid, but I'm not too sure right now. I'd like to be called by a "male" name, (I've decided I really like the name Ross :grin:) I enjoy wearing "male" clothes, and I'd like to have a lower voice and a more masculine body...Although, I still enjoy being those things most of the time, I still like wearing dresses sometimes, or being cute and shy, and all those other things...I feel like im sort of adhering stereotypes to certain genders, but this is just how I feel... Any insight would be greatly appreciated, thanks :slight_smile:

2. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Hey, guys can be cute and shy too!

And I wear dresses, and I'm not a girl at all

3. ANewDawn

You could be genderfluid or bigender. But agreeing with NingyoBroken, what you like to wear doesn't neccessarily affect your gender identity.

4. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Ross is nice, kind of suits you.

Stereotypes will follow you/us, 'cause we grow up around them, and they are in most of the people you meet/know. Gender stereotypes are prejudices at core.

Keep your eyes open, think for yourself and doubt everything you hear about gender... And about everything in general.

Just wear whatever you want and feel free to explore, have some fun experimenting and observing others, male and female. Try to analize and to build your own theories.

Ask yourself often how you feel about how others perceive you, about your own body... It's all about the answers you give to those questions, so you need to be honest.

And read. Read a lot. Read until your head hurts, and then read more.