1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is driving me insane

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by reallife, Feb 3, 2015.

1. reallife

A tiny little village that no one has heard of :)
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    First off.. This might be quite a read.. Depending on how much i end uo writing sorry.... Okay so... I've posted a couple of times about this situation... But I've still not figured it all out.. Not that I've expected that to happen by now because i know it might take a while.. But it's driving me absolutely insane... Basically.... Like I've said before.. I'm female.. But i really don't feel comfortable identifying as female... But not sure whether identifying as male would be right for me... So that's kinda doing my head in... Because of it.. I won't use public toilets... College toilets.. I will try my best to avoid trying clothes on in changing rooms in shops etc... My girlfriend is really supportive and really helps, and she knows Im uncomfortable identifying as female.. So she uses my nickname; George (from Georgia).. And a couple others now call me George too because of hearing it, which is awesome! I've said i don't know whether id feel comfortable identifying as male.. Obviously its not a choice I've just got to figure out what it is.. But id prefer male/gender neutral pronouns than female... And the thing is.. I work in a supermarket... And the guy's uniform is different to the girls'... But anyway.. As well as the uniform.. Like when id be serving someone, id get: 'thanks lovely' 'thank you darling' 'see you soon love' etc etc.. And like.. Female associated stuff if that makes sense? And it makes me feel so so uncomfortable.. And even on days where i don't think i actually look feminine and that i think that i actually have a chance of passing.. It still happens... Im wondering if there's anything i could do that anyone knows of to make myself appear and come across more masculine? I've purchased a binder.. Which works really well.. I don't wear makeup and have short hair.. Which helps haha! Have worn mens tshirts/hoodies/jumpers etc.. For a long time so that's no different.. But yeah... Is there anything else? And also if anyone has any help as to figuring out my gender identity? Idk... Its really getting to me... Im in the process of booking appointments with a councillor at college to talk about stuff.. And to see if they can sort anything out about the whole toilet situation.. But yeah... If anyone has any help, advice, suggestions or any comments that would be great...
    Thank you so much.. And sorry it was so long winded...
    Peace, love and turtle doves x

2. kyran98

kyran98 Guest

Hi!

Okay so as far as figuring out your gender identity here is a list of identities for you to look through and see if anything fits how you feel.

A way of coming across more masculine would be to search voice lowering exercise videos on youtube, put on a bit of muscle mass, make up contouring?? also body language can be a giveaway sometimes, I've read etc. The best resource I've personally come across for passing as more maculine is this website: The FTM's Complete Illustrated Guide to Looking Like a (Hot) Dude

I know it's weird to use a disabled toilet, and personally I feel bad doing so, but it helps when I'm feeling particularly dysphoric when going into female public toilets. You could try that!

I hope your appointments with your college counsellor help! Wishing you the best :grin:

3. reallife

A tiny little village that no one has heard of :)
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    okay thanks ill have a look into it! I've researched all sorts of stuff but i still don't know where i stand..
    Yeah Im the same with using the disabled toilets.. Id feel awful!
    Thank you so much!