1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

am I the only one

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by muad dib, Feb 4, 2015.

1. muad dib

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I was born male inside I'm female. I've always felt this way but just recently admitted to it. I am married and have a child. So that combined with financial reasons means I'm not sure transition is a good idea for me. I don't have much dysphoria. I would love to have breasts. I do currently wear mostly female clothes. Jeans sweaters mostly. So basically am I alone in being a women who's just going to accept my male body and live with it.

2. kyran98

kyran98 Guest

You're not alone at all! Please don't feel like you are. This website will be perfect for coming across people like you, and have gone through things similar to you, the people here are so lovely and diverse, from what I've seen!

It's a great step that you've finally accepted your feelings, well done for that :slight_smile:

3. muad dib

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you kyran98. I just feel crazy because almost everything i've looked up trying to understand how I feel makes it seem like no you can't be traengender you don't hate your body enough. Sorry not trying to be insensitive. I'm just used to my male body and changing probably would ruin my life not help it. So I just want to be a woman in a man's body.

4. kyran98

kyran98 Guest

No, no, I completely understand that. People do have different experiences; my dysphoria fluctuates for example. I know I'm male, but sometimes I'm okay with my body.

Not everybody who is trans transitions, it is possible to be transgender and be okay with your body, and it doesn't invalidate your identity at all :slight_smile:

5. Stacy in MA

You are definitely not alone! My situation is quite similar - married, kids, not planning to transition, not a lot of body dysphoria...

Trying to find ways to express your femininity when you can't present the way you would like to most of the time is definitely a challenge (I know from personal experience). I hope you find EC a help in figuring things out!

6. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I could not have said this better myself. Everybody does experience dysphoria differently. Often times, you'll see the commentary of those who's dysphoria is worse, since they usually need more support. So, people that do not have as much dysphoria sometimes lose their voices. Mine is intermittent, but it was enough that I decided to transition.

7. Tardis221B

Different gender, but similar feelings here. I honestly don't have that much dysphoria relating to my body. Sometimes I do, but for the most part I'm okay in my female body. It does fluctuate, though I even have times where I enjoy wearing bikinis and dresses, despite the fact that I feel male/genderless. What get's me feeling uncomfortable is being considered and called female by others.

And as its already been said, dysphoria varies from person to person, and severity doesn't necessarily invalidate how you internally feel. If you feel female, then you're female.

8. muad dib

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you so much everyone for all the kind words and encouragement.