1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

simple frustrations...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by RadioRoss, Feb 4, 2015.

1. RadioRoss

Maybe this is a bit silly, but...

So, I really like the name Ross. I'm trying to tell people to call me that at school, at the moment. Obviously, it's hard for people to get used to that, and I can't blame them; I'm used to being called Izzy too. But what kind of bothers me is the fact that people find it really funny, or weird...maybe I can't blame them for that, either. Anyway, something else that bothers me is writing my name down. I write down my birth name on papers, and everything like that. The applications for the school I'm wanting to go to next year, which will have new people, who won't know my name at first, will probably be calling me Izzy. It's just kind of upsetting...Has anyone else dealt with this kind of thing in school?

Oh and...sorry about the rant :astonished:

2. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not yet, but I will, probably. I can understand the current frustration on writing your birth name on legal papers, however.

Usually, schools will call you by another name if you specify it. Before classes start, talk to your teachers and tell them that you would like to be called Ross. They shouldn't ask you why and should just do it.

3. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    You could tell them, it's just like Prince did (Now you should call him 'The Artist').

(...they probably have no idea who Prince is... ok... I'll stop the current runlevel and I'll switch to init 2...)

You could tell them, it's the name your grandma wanted for you, and now that she is dead you want to honor her. Tell them this with a deadly serious face. So next time they'll avoid to call you Izzy, 'cause nobody wants to feel like a jerk, you know... Just an idea. You don't need to explain everything all the time, you know.