1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wrong Size Tri-Top Binder?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by GreyArchery, Feb 5, 2015.

1. GreyArchery

Hey all,

I recently got my first binder from Underworks the other day. It's one of the Tri-tops, but I'm not sure if it fits properly.

I took my measurements according to the chart - across the widest part of my chest/breasts - which was 46", putting my right in the middle of the 2XL size. Which is what I ordered.

When I put it on (like a t-shirt since it doesn't really fit over my hips), I was kind of ... unimpressed? It doesn't seem like it does much more than one of my tighter sports bras. And it rolls up about 2-3" when I wear it all day at the bottom, which at work isn't a big deal since it isn't really visible under my shirt, but it's super visible when I wear my workout shirts which isn't what I want at all.

Plus, when I'm standing up, there's this gap between my torso and the bottom part of the tri-top in the front. And the neck doesn't lay flat against me either - there's a couple inches that are loose and crumple pretty easily.

So, I know you're not supposed to get too small of a binder, and I've never worn a binder before. But I don't know, does this seem like it's too big?

2. Harjus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    When I ordered mine the chart told to measure from under the bust and then from the widest part and calculate the average of the two measurements. Mine fits. I think. It is quite tight. It seems like yours is too big.

3. GreyArchery

Ah thank you. I'llnsee if I can excahnge it for a smaller size. I was a bit skepitcal since I usually wear XL t-shirts and those are a bit loose on me. Thanks for the info!