1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Friends" making me feel uncomfortable

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by nevers, Feb 5, 2015.

1. nevers

Out Status:
    All but family
    So, some of my best mates make me feel like crap for what I am. I've always felt more like a guy, but I'm genderfluid. I feel like my parents knew I was more boy-ish from early on so they put me in dresses and I have a pink room with pink accessories in it. (It's been pink since I was 4. I apparently begged for me room to be pink.) They sheltered me from being who I really am because they wanted a baby girl really badly. I like feeling pretty etc though so hence genderfluid. Ever since they stopped picking out my clothes I instantly became a 'tomboy'. It's just natural for me to dress like a guy. That's where my mates come in. I feel uncomfortable because I've had a few friends over and they make fun of me for having a pink room. My 'best friend' thinks it's okay to completely ignore my wishes to not be called girly or anything related. Hopefully when I start going by Kyle it stops a little. I feel like shit and want to hide when my 'friends' say things like "Oh your embracing your girlyness! :icon_bigg" and it honestly makes me want to kill myself. Everyone at school makes me feel like shit, the homophobia in class makes me feel like shit, the transphobia from my parents makes me feel like shit. You guys make me feel better about myself and keep me going, so if you were in this situation or even if you were in a situation similar to this, what should I do?

2. ShiroKage

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Omg, that's exactly the kind of things my friends do too! Most of them use the wrong pronouns and everything. One of them always calls me a lesbian and I always tell him that I'm not a girl and he was like "You still have boobs though, so yeah you are" and I was really mad. I'm not very good at advice, but I've started to constantly correct people when they say the wrong pronouns or call me a girl. It seems to have taken effect after a few weeks. I don't know how the people in your life are, so I'm not sure if it will work or not. Sorry for my lack of help o(>.<)0 Just keep on being yourself and good luck!

3. nevers

Out Status:
    All but family
    That's actually a great idea! People can be so cruel though when they do that. I think starting to come out more and correct them would help a lot. Advice based on story was exactly what I was asking, thank you!

4. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My parents did exactly the same thing. They raised me to be girly, and even more, they wanted me to stay a little kid, make me still dependent on them. Even now I struggle to do some things that most teenagers my age could do with ease because my parents sheltered me from growing up, and I really wish they hadn't. I would suggest to re-paint your room, if that's the source of their teasing. And when they make jabs at you, you could keep a straight face and pretend that it really did not amuse you at all when they said that, or tell them to stop.