1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I See A Girl in The Mirror. Am I Lying to Myself?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by WolfyFluff, Feb 7, 2015.

1. WolfyFluff

WolfyFluff Guest

I looked in the mirror the other day. I saw my face after making my hair into a ponytail. Some of my hair was hanging in the front, and I saw that my face looked a lot more feminine in this fashion. Somehow I couldn't help but feel calm and pleased inside looking at my face. It felt like I was meant to be a girl.

I had feelings like this before long ago, but it's been so long since I felt this way. At a few points in my life I noticed that I wished I was a girl at times. Now I feel like it should happen. Am I being serious? I don't know if I can take myself seriously anymore since I always feel confused about my emotions.

I like to crossdress and present as female every once in a while and I really sometimes hate not having a feminine body. I really hate the idea of testerone completely taking over as time goes by. I don't like looking like a man.

I felt like I was bisexual, I still do. I'm always imagining myself instead as the "girl" of the relationship instead of being the more masculine man that a man wants. I usually feel more comfortable thinking I'm a girl.

I keep thinking about HRT and the permanent changes it has. It feels scary but somehow it feels like it can help me out. I sometimes believe that I may have a kid someday but that may never happen if I go on HRT. Sperm banks seem good but it looks way too expensive to afford.

I definitely would get rid of body hair in a heartbeat if I had the funds for it. I absolutely hate my body hair so much.

I didn't expect this post to turn into an essay so I'll leave it at that for now.

2. Tardis221B

When I just saw this post, swap the genders, but I was thinking exactly that about 5 min before I logged back on here. I see my reflection and no matter how hard I try I only see a boy, I can't understand how other's see me as female. So you're not alone feeling this at all. As I become more and more certain of my gender identity, my reflection looks more and more masculine, even if I try to make it appear female.

Discovering gender identity is process, and overtime you will grow more comfortable in both your identity and who you are. It just takes time to sort things out, but it seems like you already have a pretty clear understanding of who you are.

And getting rid of the body hair, while it might be time consuming, shaving it might help some.

And no worries about the length of the post, it really wasn't that lengthy :slight_smile:

#2 Tardis221B, Feb 7, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  3. ThePrideInside4

I know EXACTLY how you feel - except I was born a female and destined to be male. I say that you should experiment a bit before you make a final decision. And when you're ready to decide - follow your heart and choose the path that leads to your happiness :newcolor:

4. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Milk Junkies: Trans Women and Breastfeeding: A Personal Interview
    All at your own risk since there are no guarantees. But the article seems very worthwhile, from an informative point of view. Its possible quite a few people don't know this and thus don't even try.

Sarah and her wife are both genetic parents to their baby. Sarah explained to me that many doctors, endocrinologists and trans women erroneously believe that after taking antiandrogens and hormone replacement therapy for a relatively short period of time (depending on who you're talking to, they may say something between six months and two years), a trans woman will be permanently infertile, despite not having had 'bottom surgery'. This is to say that even if she halts her hormone therapy, it is claimed that she will not be able to produce viable gametes. Sarah believes this claim is based not on science, but on a widespread lack of understanding of trans women’s bodies and many healthcare professionals’ lack of interest in helping them preserve their fertility.

Despite having taken hormone replacement therapy and antiandrogens for 5 years, Sarah was still able to produce what she calls ‘baby-making ingredients’ following a six-month cessation of her medication. Trans women hoping to help make a little munchkin should note that it takes about three months for their gametes to grow and mature. In addition, this genetic material is very sensitive to heat and needs to develop away from the body, below core body temperature. A trans woman who usually ‘tucks’ will need to change how she dresses for a while to regain her fertility.

#4 jay777, Feb 7, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  5. DoriaN

Sounds a lot like me.