1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feminine motion

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by CyberStar, Feb 7, 2015.

1. CyberStar

Currently, I'm trying to master the art of feminine motion. I have already begun practicing walking and standing like a girl, and I have to say I love it. It feels so liberating. But I'm not good at it. Can anyone offer me any tips on how to move like a woman? Without looking ridiculous? Sitting, standing, walking, running ,anything.

2. Lipstick Leuger

When you walk, especially in heels, you place one foot slightly in front of the other as you stride. This will make your hips sway. Also, don't take such large steps forward, that will make your walk more masculine, not feminine.

3. nevers

Out Status:
    All but family
    One thing that helps me, as a girl wanting to walk and stand like a guy, etc, I look at other girls and copy what theyre doing adding to what i know about the opposites natural posture and do it all the time. Always copy how other girls walk or stand, study their hips etc, but dont do it creepily just subtly and it'll come as a second nature.

4. PossumJack

As someone trying to go the other way around and adopt masculine motions, I can offer tips~

Walking: Girls tend to place their feet in a straight line when walking, kind of like they're walking a tightrope. "One foot in front of the other", basically. They also move/rotate their hips when walking, though not too much. On the other hand, men tend to sway their shoulders when they walk.

Sitting: legs are usually together, and the "feminine" way to cross your legs would be one over the other instead of the "box shape".

Standing: Leaning on one hip is pretty common with girls when they're standing, and I've never seen guys do it (well, I have a tendency to, but hey, as long as I'm comfortable with it, right?). I also noticed that guys tend to put their thumbs through belt loops while girls put their hands on their hips more often.

Running: Girls run much the same way they walk, to be honest. They keep their legs very close together and place their feet on the same line.

And don't feel pressured to act more feminine if you don't want to. Since it's making you feel more liberated, that's great! Just remember that it's important to do whatever it is that makes you feel the most comfortable instead of feeling pressured to fit into a mold of what girls "should act like" :icon_wink

5. Acm

Acm Guest

I agree with what nevers said, watch girls around you and mimic what they do. Walking with a sway in your hips, putting a hand on your hip, and crossing your legs are all pretty feminine movements.