1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Non-Binary Olympians?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by PlantSoul, Feb 7, 2015.

1. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Lately, I've gotten obsessed with watching olympic videos and what with the next Olympics being next year, it got me wondering about non-binary Olympians. Are athletes that are non-binary allowed to compete? Like, say if an athlete were Intersex, how would that be handled? I've been thinking that they should consider creating a division for non-binary athletes. What do do think? (&&&)

2. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That would be wonderful, but estrogen-producing bodies and testosterone-producing bodies would still have to be taken into consideration. I wish that was a thing, though.

3. andhow

Lmao. That'll be the day. Even in this ultra-PC world, people still aren't deluded enough to forget the very real physiological differencs between men and women. I really don't think someone who spent 15 years of their life training and developing as a male athlete should be able to compete against women, even after a transition. It's simply not fair. And then performance enhancing drugs? Testosterone would be one of those. What is a normal hormone balance for a trans person? Oh wait it's not based on any scientific measure, just feelers, so I guess none?

*super smash bros voice* FREE FOR ALL!
    (is how I would handle it)