1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Underpants

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Jellal, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Jellal

I've been going commando for years since I don't feel comfortable wearing men's underwear. And I've been thinking, the reason I don't wear women's undergarments is strictly because of the social taboo. But if I were to do it, I wouldn't do it for the sake of crossdressing—I just want to discover what clothes I'd be comfortable wearing. Maybe panties and a bra would suit me better after all?

This is a question open to everybody of all genders/sexes, what sorts of underwears do you wear, and what about them makes you comfortable? I'm open to your recommendations :grin:

2. Lazuri

I mostly wear boxers because it's still almost all I have. Another part of the reason is because it offers support for unwanted parts.

I prefer panties though. Feels more like me.

3. PossumJack

I usually wear boxer briefs, since they're comfortable and regular boxers are kind of too baggy for me to get used to so far. The only times I would go back to wearing women's underwear is during shark week :bang: But yeah, panties make me feel really dysphoric so I avoid them like the plague.

As for recommendations, if you're worried about others finding out there's a particular style of underwear called "Boy shorts" which is sort of a feminized version of boxer briefs. Certain brands (DKNY and Calvin Klein are the only two I can think of right now) have ones which have the elastic waistband things which resemble the one's you find on men's briefs. This way if you're worried about the top of your underwear peeking out then people will see the waistband and just assume you're wearing briefs.

4. ANewDawn

boy shorts. Anything smaller has been feeling too feminine for me recently.

5. muad dib

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Since coming out as female I now only wear women's panties mostly boy shorts but I do have a thong and nothing ever felt sexier. I'm also almost stereotypically feminine so i love lace and anything super sexy. But like has been said try boy shorts.

6. jenben

I wear mens underwear (trunk style). I find them a lot more comfortable than women's underwear, I think they look better and I don't know, I just feel kind of happier wearing them. Since I started wearing them I haven't even put on a pair of women's underwear at all, not even once, I don't think I'd ever go back.

7. Cam7125

Out Status:
    All but family
    I wear tigher-fitting boxer briefs most days. Although this is an interesting post since I would like to appear more androgynous.

8. Acm

Acm Guest

I wear boy short style women's underwear because I have no way of getting male underwear. I hate wearing them :frowning2:

9. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Underwear is one of the clothing pieces that actually doesn't bother me (probably because no one can see it). Although, binders make me dysphoric but they are under clothes too... I don't know. I wear the same underwear I did as a girl.

10. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Actually, I started wearing panties before I conciously started questioning my gender. Just felt right. Tried several different kinds of guys underwear before that, and nothing ever felt quite right.

11. WillowRose

Women's cotton boyshorts are perfect for me during the day. For sleeping, I like something a little roomier, and found that American Apparel makes a unisex boxer brief (also cotton) that suits just perfectly. I find that mens shorts with an obvious front pouch or front opening really squick me out (dysphoria!), so both of these options are great for me.

12. badluckfairy

I feel more comfortable in loose boxers.

I have loads of tighter boxers, but I don't feel comfortable in them and feel constricted. They are more for looking good than for practical comfort, but I rarely wear them.

13. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I like boxer briefs. They're comfy. :slight_smile:

14. MeganMarie

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    When I am in drab mode I wear boxer briefs and when dressed as a female I wear cotton panties.
    On occasion when I have not had a chance to dress enfeme I will wear the girl boy short panties under my male clothes.

15. Riz

Riz

I have everything from woman's thongs to men's boxers in my underwear drawer, same for bras, tops, sports bras etc. (hey! It's like dressing up only that's you and your partner that sees it)

But really, I feel most comfortable in just boy's boxers. A sports bra or similar works if I have to, but I don't really need it or want it so. If I can avoid it then I will.

16. Nickinthemiddle

I have been experimenting with what makes me comfortable and I've found that I like to wear a tight top/loose bottom or loose top/tight bottom.

So if I wear skinny jeans with flannel or loose baseball shirt, I will wear women's underwear underneath. Have had no luck wearing boxers under skinnies! But then the loose top covers my chest and hips, and skinnies means you can wear fun boots and have them stand out too.

If I wear a 'beater' tank top a binder and with baggy carpenter jeans, I will wear men's boxer underwear underneath. The men's jeans, with a men's belt, and a wallet, makes for a more masculine feel even though I have to deal with upper body curves showing more, the boxers and menswear bottom balances it for me.

Otherwise around the house it's boxers.

17. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I wear male underwear.

18. Polka Dots

Given the depth of my closet I wear underwear designed for my birth gender, but I stick to plain, cotton styles. No lace for me, thanks.

In the past I was able to get my hands on a pair of boxers and I loved them, though. Would it be cliché if I called them liberating? :wink:

19. poetofdarkness

I WANT to wear boxers but I'm still trying to figure out how to ask my mum without telling her I'm genderqueer (she doesn't believe in non-binary genders)

20. C P

C P

Boxers.

I'm not too fond of tight fitting clothing.