1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A bit of an introduction

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by RavynAbyss, Feb 11, 2015.

1. RavynAbyss

Out Status:
    Some people
    Online I go by Ravy, I only recently have come to find that I identify as pansexual/Agender. Not a whole lot of support in my family sadly, what had me think on it more and more other then having a few friends that have similar identifications but I read a manga called is otoko demo onna demo nai sei which is about a series of stories about intersex characters. I found it quite interesting and it had me thinking about my own frustrations compared to the characters frustrations and before I knew it, I was researching terms that I thought were similar to how I am. My end result was what I stated above. Now that I have less frustration it is the learning more about it I think and coming to terms that my dad will never accept me. Not really sure how to deal with that. I have a supportive boyfriend and friends but my dad and most of my family don't agree with it. I haven't even told my dad but I know his views. Not really a question here but I thought to introduce myself. Hope to get to meet new people. Though I have friends that are understanding, they are far away so I still end up feeling so alone. So thought to join a forum and do a slight writing to just write it down I suppose.

Ravy

2. Ronin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi RavynAbyss, welcome to EC :slight_smile: You'll find a lot of help and support, here. It's great when we make that discovery about ourselves. And frustrating when those closest to us refuse to support us. Sadly, it seems to be pretty common, and I share in that frustration as well.

3. RavynAbyss

Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you for the welcome and yeah it is frustrating. Found that some of my family at least is accepting which I am thankful for. Was really hurt by my dad since he had told me that I could tell him anything. I will just have to accept it eventually. Still learning about my discovery but there isn't a lot of information it seems compared to other gender identifications and whatnot.