1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just struggling with names

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Worlock, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Worlock

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I thought I had settled on a name for myself, but now I'm questioning it after having tried it on for a bit.

I originally chose the name Morley, based off of a character/persona I created for myself and from a nickname I've went by for a long time. So in a way it's incredibly personal to me. My nickname was Mord, so Morley was an easy pick and fit the androgynous person I feel like inside. My only issue is that people seem to have a hard time pronouncing it right or hearing it right the first time I say it. It's also really uncommon as a first name, and I think it makes me stand out. I'm also not really sure what last name I like with it of those I've considered (Curtis, Blake, Vanderkarr, Andrews, etc).

The other name I really like is Alex. It's common and easy to pronounce, so that wouldn't be an issue. It blends in, and it's my father's middle name. Although I'm not super close with my father, I've always liked the name. Alex goes well with my given surname as well as the shortened version of it that I'd be more likely to use (Andrzejewski vs Andrews).

I could combine the two names I like and have a name like Morley Alexander or Alex Morley, but I'm not sure how I feel about that. They seem like two separate identities to me almost.

I guess the main thing I need to figure out is if I want to stand out or not (I'm kind of a unique individual either way), and if my whole persona journey (with Mord/Morley) represents me or a newer name would represent me better (Alex).

Sorry, I'm just really struggling and it's made me spiral into a deep depression. I feel like I don't exist without a name. :icon_sad:

2. Lazuri

Personally I really love the ring of "Morley Blake." I also like "Alex Morley."

3. Worlock

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for the input! I do like how Blake sounds. I hope I can figure it out soon.

4. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i like Alex Morley, sounds cool

5. kai397

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    its best to find a name that matches your personality