1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My fault

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by love dont judge, Feb 12, 2015.

1. love dont judge

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, today i got into a huge argument with a classmate of mine whoes getting frustrated with people asking him if hes questioning his gender/sexuality since he hangs out with me. Today he said it was my fault. I know its not, but i cant help but wonder if it really is my fault. Which has brought me to start questioning me gender all over again and now i feel lke shit, wondering what ill do if im really not a girl now. Also, im really scared of telling my parents and this has only worsened that feeling. Sorry for the rant. Im just wondering what ur thoughts are on it. Could it really be my fault?

2. Rikudou

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do not get angry at your friend over this, try and see things from his perspective. It is true that he acted childish but at this age it is to be expected, especially under the pressure of school. The ones at fault here are those who are being nosy as to whether your friend is questioning his sexuality/gender. There is no reason for this situation to directly affect how you feel about yourself, so I would avoid making a mental connection between the two as that will only complicate matters. Also if you can, try and look past the statement your friend made towards you.

3. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds like the argument with your classmate/friend has really set you back, so it might be worth taking a bit of time to reflect and recover your composure so you can get back some perspective on the situation.

Look again at what you said:
    Do you see how the words in bold, immediately followed by the words in italics are totally at odds with each other?

Now you are questioning yourself and doubting everything and returning the focus to your parents and how they might react. The situation with your friend has opened up all sorts of stuff.

Is it your fault? No, of course it's not and I think you know that really. Be kind to yourself, give yourself some space to recover and understand that your friend was lashing out in the heat of the moment. His reaction wasn't fair on you, but as Rikudou pointed out, he too was under pressure. The fault is neither yours, nor his.

4. love dont judge

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for the help. Ive come to another perpective on it and its allowing me to see both sides. Thanks