1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maybe starting to figure things out...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by FrogCAT, Feb 12, 2015.

1. FrogCAT

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    After taking some time to consider that maybe i'm not Transgender(mtf), but perhaps Genderqueer as sometimes i do feel female and sometimes male with an occasional feeling of being Genderless. Though I have decided that i am very likely to make the effort to transition as i don't feel entirely comfortable with my body even on days when i feel mostly male. Is that weird? Jesus, i really feel like an idiot sometimes...:icon_redf
    :help: kinda feeling a bit less awesome.

2. Tardis221B

No, you're not weird at all. Gender is a very complex thing, and it is apt to change and fluctuate overtime as we grow and change as individuals. And its not strange at all that you want to make yourself more comfortable with the body you have; its the smart thing to do.

I'm still not sure if I'm trans(ftm) or genderqueer/agender either. I tend to hover somewhere between agender-male, and on the rare occasion I may even feel a bit more feminine. But what I'm beginning to realize is that I have to learn to accept this as part of who I am, and know that the fluctuations in my gender identity don't invalidate my gender.

We should try to be less hard on ourselves about the nuances and changes that occur in our own identities, as we already face enough challenges in our relationship with our gender, that we don't need our own judgement of our identity preventing us from being happy and who we truly are.

3. ANewDawn

Can I ask you a question? If you do transition, what are you gonna do the days you feel female? Not trying to invalidate, I'm just dealing with that issue myself.

4. FrogCAT

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well the point of transitioning for me is to be female, but I'm gonna just assume you meant to say male. I suppose I'll just dress like I do now, also after getting hrt and maybe best implants, I could just use a binder.

5. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No, it is not weird. You have to do what will make you comfortable in your body. I don't think that binding with breast implants would be a very good idea though, so that would be something that you want to look into before you go that route. You have time on your side though, so that is a good thing. It's important to not rush into things, because you don't want to make decisions that you regret later on.

6. FrogCAT

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    :icon_redf
    Like I said I'm kind of an idiot as I would have not know this without you telling me. However I am certain on transitioning because I just don't feel right in my current state.

Ugh, I swear for some reason that all sounded 100 times better in my head...

7. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    We all have those moments, that is why it is nice to run plans by other people before you go forward with them :slight_smile:

8. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Don't say that from yourself. be kind to yourself :slight_smile: (*hug*)
    (*hug*)

Well you seem to be on the way to figure it out...

Maybe this helps you:
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/anonymous-gender-identity-expression/149111-am-i-ftm.html#4

hugs