1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

first therapy appointment tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by smokey-knows-all, Feb 15, 2015.

1. smokey-knows-all

I have my first therapy appointment for gender stuff tomorrow and I have no idea what to expect. I wanted a male therapist because i'm better at being open with men but living in idaho there weren't very many options.. and i'm bad at answering open ended questions about myself and I'm scared that ill leave out important stuff and won't convince her that i'm sure i'm a boy. i know this all sounds stupid but yeah

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The first appointment is most likely going to be intake things. This will give you some time to get comfortable with your therapist. It will take a few appointments before she will write you anything most likely, so don't feel like this is a make or break thing. Be as open as you can be, because she will be able to help you more that way.

I hope that it goes well for you :slight_smile:

3. Paisley

You should be ok. I'm awful at answering open ended questions, and my therapist (non trans though) adjusted her questioning in a way that made it easier for me to answer.

4. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm terrible at answering open ended questions to, pretty much a closed book over here. But they are pretty easy to work with and help make it easier to talk. You'll be okay.