1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Non-binary, gender fluid, genderqueer, or just a tomboy??

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Britain, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Britain

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi, my name is Britt. I'm new here.

I basically found this site with hopes that someone could help me understand my gender identity.

I am a biological female. Most of the time I feel female, but sometimes calling myself female just doesn't fit. Sometimes I feel way closer to a man than a woman, but this is only occasionally.

At first I identified as genderfluid... but then I started rethinking it.

I feel like a woman, but not what society would call a 'woman'. Like a said before, there is a rare occasion when I actually feel more like a man on some days...but in a way still partly woman. It's like I'm constantly in an in-between state, but usually more female. Sometimes that in-between state fluctuates more toward male, but 100% of the time I always feel like I am some combination of both female and male.

I don't know if this is relatable or making sense to any of you, but I really need some guidance or advice.

I feel so lost about this whole thing. I just want to be comfortable in my skin and I feel like in order to do that I need to get this solved.

Any and all comments and help are welcome. Thank you in advance. <3 :thumbsup:

Britt (Britain)

2. Acm

Acm Guest

When you say you don't feel like society's idea of a woman, what exactly do you mean? If it's just a problem with gender roles then I would say you're a tomboy.

3. Britain

Out Status:
    A few people
    Well I'm definitely not society's idea of a woman, but besides that I just feel more like a man sometimes.

I can physically feel a difference in my own perception of my body and identity when I'm having a moment that is swinging strongly towards male.

4. randomly me

randomly me Guest

If i understand you right these terms might help..
    Demi girl:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:artly a girl partly something else
    Androgynous:between male and female
    If your not sure you don't have to put a label on yourself simply say non binary or genderqueer. (it took me about half a year to get 100%sure about my label)

5. pelops

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    For me, it took me some time to realize that I do see myself as completely male, I just don't accept a lot of the gender roles that our society traditionally associates with maleness. Of course, that may not apply to you at all, but I just wanted to put it out there.

And, to second randomly me, I'm not sure that you have to put a label on it.

6. randomly me

randomly me Guest

Gotta agree there labels are not that non+ultra.
    Just take your time.

7. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You might have a look here, and at other threads about androgynous people:
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/gender-identity-expression/150966-androgyne-identity.html#14

You might play a bit with hairstyle and clothing style... sweaters one or two sizes bigger, unisex or mens jeans, etc... what you feel comfortable with... there are threads on ftm clothing...
    it can be really fun...

You might have a look at the next lgbt center near you... there might be events and courses there, so you could meet a few lgbt people... there might even be support groups...
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/gende...4048-how-find-other-androgynous-people.html#6

The Difference between Androgyny and Tomboyishness - Gender Discussion

I'd say take your time... go with a feeling of joy...
    just take the time you need...

(*hug*)

8. Sam I Am

You might be bigender, a mixture of both male and female that aren't mutually exclusive, with an aspect of fluidity that makes the ratios shift back and forth.