1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Face crisis!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by PlantSoul, Feb 17, 2015.

1. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've been having a crisis over my face. No matter what I do, I can't seem to be happy with it. I tried "editing" my looks through my diet. I was happy with the more masculine look I got, but detested the my natural feminine looks. I can't help but to feel that I fucked up my looks, even though I'm told that I'm pretty and attractive. Sometimes, I actually find myself missing the extremely feminine features that I so detest. In my mind, the ideal face that I want that is very androgynous. When I look at my face, it looks neither feminine or masculine yet, it doesn't look androgynous enough to me. I've even considered getting facial surgery in the future. :/ I know I shouldn't be so obsessed with this but, I can't help it. Can anyone else relate? :tears:

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well, I can relate.

You might try to avoid mirrors, and concentrate on your clothing style and hair style.

And a lot can be done with makeup, making lips look smaller or bigger, making bones more or less prominent...
    I'd recommend natural products...

A lot can be done with hairstyle, and hair clips, or ponytails...

(*hug*)

3. MisterTinkles

We are the most critical of our own looks, because we have an "image" we see in the mirror, which is opposed to what others see.

You might like the fact that rarely anyone actually LOOKS at another person. They glance at them long enough to recognize them again, but they really don't LOOK at them.

I am a people watcher. Have been all my life. I have even sat there and watched my friends and relatives from time to time. And I, being a people watcher, have sat there and really LOOKED at them. And the more I notice about their features, the more their face changes! They literally look like a complete stranger, because I am seeing their actual facial features, not just a composite of what my mind has made up, so I am just able to recognize them again.

You are too critical of yourself, so you have to get someone you trust to be your outside influence. And this can be hard to do, as you want someone who will tell you the truth, and not someone who will tell you what they think, or what you want to hear.

I will tell you this though........hair styles can change the way you look a great deal.
    Wearing your hair in a ponytail or in a tight bun, and then wearing a cap over that will make you look more male than female. Wearing a dark plaid shirt with jeans and boots will make you look more masculine than lighter colors and girly shoes.

You should have a couple of friends you trust, help you choose some "looks" for yourself, take pictures and keep them in a fashion diary. This way, when you want a specific "look" for the day, you can go through your diary to help you pick something out.

As far as your face itself.........keep it as young and pretty as you possibly can. You are young....don't get into pre-aging your face or messing with its structure. They will change on their own, over time. Believe me, one day you will get mad at yourself for trying to change it all.

4. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm with the guys on this one. You are 19 and your face will change, features will get more definition. This has happened to me. When I was your age, I looked like 14, and I had baby fat everywhere.

At 25 however my face began to change. Now, at 32, my checkbones and chin are quite sharp, and I've been told I look masculine, even if I'm not on T.

What they said about hair is true. Not only the haircut, also the colour. Plus the clothing. Your face won't look the same wearing a black shirt or a white shirt.

You can try to compare pictures from filmstars : When they were 20, and then 30 or 40. Features get more defined naturally. There is no need for anything but (good quality) soap and water.

About diets and stuff, be very careful and don't do anything dramatic. Keep eating a healthy diet and a reasonable amount, and drink at least 1,5 liters of water every day.

Feel free to ask your doctor, or a nurse, it's their job to give you advice.

If we are talking about getting a bigger/smaller nose and the rest... I'd wait at least one or two years to get surgery. You need to be sure about the changes, as well as that you'll be happy with the results. Surgeries are risky for a lot of reasons, and you should only get them as a last resource.

You can upload a picture on your profile, and ask us for advice if you want.
    I'm sure can't be that bad...