1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Expressing my fem

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by AlexIs94, Feb 18, 2015.

1. AlexIs94

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey all,

So I am biologically male and am genderfluid. I just want more ways I can express myself properly...I feel very comfortable with this and my fem days happen quite often and most of my wardrobe is male and I have nothing feminine really (my figure if I wear the right clothing could pass for fem).

Just looking for some random suggestions! :slight_smile:

Thanks ~ Alexia

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You might play a bit with hairstyle and clothing style... sweaters one or two sizes bigger, unisex or womens jeans, etc... what you feel comfortable with... there are threads on clothing for mtf...
    it can be really fun...

A good source could be second hand stores. Clothing there is often not even sorted by gender.

You could try some nourishing skin lotion for the face, and maybe some kind of chapstick...
    I'd recommend natural products, they should be better in the long run... maybe only a few items but of good quality...

you could trim your eyebrows a bit...
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/gender-identity-expression/133045-do-i-pass-thread-81.html#post2451288

And you could have a look at this:
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/gende...4048-how-find-other-androgynous-people.html#6
    just stick to basic safety rules online... meet first in a public place... etc...

you could grow your hair a bit...

#2 jay777, Feb 18, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
  3. monome

Try to grow longer hair - that's ok both for genders but with longer hair you have more options to make it more masculine or feminine according to your preference. Also try to get more unisex clothes. It will make things easier if you want to move more towards fem style. You don't have to switch from typical male clothing to skirts and heels in one go. If you get more unisex wardrobe your transitions in look will feel also a lot more natural to other people. I guess gothic/dark style gives also a lot of possibilities of blending. You can also pierce your ears and again wear different jewellery depending on the desired look

4. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Last week I had a girly makeup demo on me and it felt nice. You could try that

5. AlexIs94

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    All of these are excellent points, everyone, thank you! I already have longer hair and I style it differently depending on my days (usually put it in a ponytail on my fem days) and I will definitely look into all of these other options! Thanks again!