1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Okay, I'd like some help

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Qwerty16161, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Qwerty16161

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, I've been questioning my gender and sexual orientation. I think I am genderfluid but I j don't know. Maybe you can help.
    All my life I've been neutral. Like most kids I guess, I dressed up when I had to but I also had my favorite more girly clothes and more boy clothes. I love wearing boxers as a kid. I always loved playing video games with my male cousin and played barbies and house with my female cousin when she made me. Which I didn't always mind. As I got older, I often enjoyed playing with my little brother and his cars, trucks car mats and action figures. I never got those when I was younger. So I always played with my little brothers toys with him. But then I'd also go back and play stuffed animals with my little sister. As you can tell, I often switched gender roles as a kid. Was always neutral. Like most kids I guess. Fast forward, between ages 12-19 I never wore dresses or skirts and I hated when I had to. I always wanted to wear a suit to homecoming and felt more comfortable with it. Only really this year did I start wearing dresses and putting make up on. But not all the time, sometimes I'll wear my girly outfit, sometimes I'll wear my guy outfits (which I have more of and feel way more comfortable in) sometimes I'll wear my guy outfit with makeup, sometimes I'll wear my girl outfit without makeup. It's ext neutral. I don't feel like a boy or a girl I feel like both. I've always felt like both. I love feeling both. I don't want to be just female and I don't want to be male. I wouldn't mind if my boobs were smaller and a lot of the time I wish I could fit in a binder. I don't feel like I belong in my body I feel like I belong in a more neutral body where I can hide my boobs when I want to wear my male outfit of have them out when I feel femme. I also love neutral pronouns. I would rather people use they/them or ze/zir. Am I genderfluid? What am i? Please help!:bang:

2. MeganMarie

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey there,

I have always considered myself dual gendered. Meaning I am happy doing guy things while dressed as a guy and sometimes I will do masculine actives while dressed as a female. Seems that the two role gender sometimes wil conflict with each other or be in sync together. I've heard it gender-fluid but I have always disliked labels and rather just say I am me.

A few years back I met a person similar to you and she said she was a cross-dresser but in the opposite direction. Meaning she was born a guy and in general had a very femine presentation but had to crossdress masculine to present a guy for work and his wife.

Say all that to say this you can read all the variants and still someone will be different than what the textbooks or other genius come up with.

3. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  4. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It's different from everyone. I also had to play with girls and toys associated with girly stuff, 'cause the nuns practically forced me staying away from the boys (I was becoming way too popular among the teachers in our catholic school, even if I was among the best students).

I always had this feeling I didn't really fit in there, even if some of the girls were trying hard to get me involved, and make me feel at ease -probably trying to gain the nun's favor. You are right, kids are pretty neutral, it's the adults who give them toys and call them masculine and feminine. There seems to be a gender police...

By now you feel fine being both, and that is great. You could do some experimenting like trying a binder (of your size, so you'll fit in there). You could even try a binder and feminine clothes. You could try to do some sports, experiment with make up, paint yourself a beard... The sky and your own imagination are the limits.

Wear what feels good to yourself, and let people know about your fav pronouns, maybe (if you like) you can get some nickname and experiment a bit more there.

Being creative about your clothing, and experimenting with gender is a lot of fun, so enjoy yourself, and don't be afraid to be different : If that is the way you feel most comfortable, it must be right. As cdinatl suggested, there is no two people that are alike.