1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I Genderfluid?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by FreedomWings, Feb 18, 2015.

1. FreedomWings

I've identified as female forever, and it's my birth gender as well. But the last couple of months I've been feeling a bit different. I don't want to call myself transgender because I am comfortable with being a girl but sometimes I want to be a guy. It just changes sometimes. I'm just kind of confused right now. And on top of that, my boyfriend is straight so I'm kind of scared of telling him this...

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You might have a look here:
    The Difference between Androgyny and Tomboyishness - Gender Discussion - Asexual Visibility and Education Network
    and here:
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/gender-identity-expression/150966-androgyne-identity.html#14

You might play a bit with hairstyle and clothing style... sweaters one or two sizes bigger, unisex or mens jeans, etc... what you feel comfortable with... there are threads on ftm clothing...
    it can be really fun...

You might talk to a counselor, or somone from an lgbt center, if you would want that...

Don't be scared... you could tell your gender identity is only part of you, you will still be the same... the same senso of humour...

and you could tell you will be like your male/female twin...

and thats simply how you feel...

(*hug*)

3. parker1234

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    im in the exact same situation. but I've talked to him about it briefly and it didn't go very well. i love him so much but he doesn't know if he wants to be with me if I'm a guy sometimes. its really hard. some of my friends and their parents know about me being gender fluid, although my parents don't.

4. FreedomWings

Thank you, your post helped me. ^^ the only problem with all this is that since I'm still quite young and I live with my parents. They are not very accepting towards the LGBTQ+ community and I don't think they'd understand.

5. FreedomWings

Thank you for your help ^^ I'm still not quite sure but for right now in just gonna go with it and identify as genderfluid and see what feels right for me.

6. ImaJen

Hey, I think you're doing the right thing with trying a label out and seeing how it goes. From what you've briefly said it sounds like you are genderfluid, although I don't know you at all so don't take my word for it. Do what feels right! Personally, I considered being genderfluid until I realised that it wasn't being a guy that I wanted, but being gender neutral, as well as fluctuating to female as well. So I am trying out the label genderflux for now. Just food for thought :slight_smile: