1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Little Bit of Understanding

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by CapQuestionmark, Feb 18, 2015.

1. CapQuestionmark

I was so happy and proud of one of my senior friends at school today.

We were trying on dresses and whatnot for our Vocal class and someone happened to bring up why we aren't given the option as to if we actually want to wear the dresses, or wear the men's uniforms. I said that I didn't really mind it because it was worn in the traditional sense, just as I like to wear both women and men's historical fashions.

When we were walking out to the hall and most of the group had moved on ahead of us she stopped me. "So, I know I've heard you say something about you being transgender a couple of times, and I didn't really know whether or not you were joking, because, you know, that's your personality." I smiled and reassured her that I was serious, and that I identified as a "trans homo". She even went the extra mile and asked me what my preferred pronoun is, and apologized for any offenses she may have caused me in the past or in the future.

It was so nice and touching to me that an upperclassmen would show so much concern towards my feelings and self (she being a Senior and me being a Sophomore). Hopefully there will be other small victories for me with other people I know! ^.^

2. theskyiseverywhere

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yay! That's so great. I wish my school would be like that :/

3. CapQuestionmark

Try for individuals that you trust first. I live in a small town in the southern part of the United States, so, at times, it can be dangerous to come out.

4. Pine

Pine Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That's really great! I'm glad you have some understanding people around you.

5. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats! That's really awesome :grin: