1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to appear more masculine?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by reallife, Feb 20, 2015.

1. reallife

A tiny little village that no one has heard of :)
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I've been questioning my gender identity for a while now.. And i know that Im not comfortable identifying as female.. But Im not sure how comfortable i would be identifying as male? To help me figure this out.. My girlfriend is using both male and gender neutral pronouns to see which is right.. As with many people in my situation.. Out in public and being called 'love' 'darling' and other female related words.. Its awful... And Im far from feminine.. But this still happens.. I bind.. And i wear mens clothes.. Im wondering if anyone has any tips to 'pass' as a guy, or make myself more masculine? :bang:
    And comments would be appreciated :slight_smile:

2. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You can try exercising.

It really helped me when I started. By exercising, you can aim to lose the fat in your body (not all, but you shouldn't be able to reach that without seriously aiming to do that). Your hips will seem smaller and your shoulders will get bigger, getting you closer to the male silhouette you'd achieve on hormones. I don't know how big your chest is, but it might get smaller also because you'll lose the fat there, too.

What I did was simple exercises like push-ups and simple things you can do at home. If you can't do many of them at first, it's not dramatic. Just a few times will help you.

I swear, I could see myself naked and not feel dysphoric after I did that. That's something I would gladly recommend :wink:

3. reallife

A tiny little village that no one has heard of :)
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Thank you!

4. ANewDawn

I think there's also stuff you can do about how you carry yourself. I'm very new to trying to pass but I'm very conscious of how I sit in public, like not to cross my legs and stuff.

5. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You could have a look here, there are a few hints at the end:
    Masculine voice
    I wouldn't recommend less expressive face...
    in voice its more monotone talk, using less vocabulary, being more direct.
    Imagine yourself more lively...

Asides from passing tips, you could try to feel male, and let it shine through.
    Not exaggerated, but being you.
    In gestures etc.
    Its when its exaggerated that it feels awkward.
    If you do it in a not over the top way, it shines through.

Here are a lot of hints on passing:
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/gende...nformative-threads-links-gender-identity.html