1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Few Questions (MtF)

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by AsheTheHuman, Feb 21, 2015.

1. AsheTheHuman

I've heard that girls walk as if they're on a tightrope. This feels very weird and unnatural to me. Is that true or just a super model / movie star type thing? If I keep at it will it start to feel more natural and happen unconsciously?

What is the proper way to sit with a skirt on? Specifically one that comes up just above the knees? I've heard various things, but want to know what you all think.

Lastly, I should be starting hormones by the end of next month. How soon can I start to expect what changes? Will it take a while to experience any breast / nipple development?

Thanks so much! <3 For you all!

2. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hm, well I don't think I walk like that. :lol: But I don't pay much attention to the way other girls walk...

I'm not sure what would be considered the 'proper way' to sit in a skirt, but a lot of girls sit with their legs crossed. I've also heard before that it's good manners for girls to sit with their heels crossed. I sit both ways fairly often. Just make sure you don't elevate your legs! :lol:

I don't have an answer for your questions on hormones since I don't know much about them, but I hope my answers for your other questions are okay~. ^.^

3. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Congratulations (*hug*)

Concerning changes, everybody is a bit different... there is no set timetabe...
    here is an overview:
    http://www.camh.ca/en/hospital/care.../hospital_services/Documents/hormones-MTF.pdf

Concerning breast developments, here are a few opinions:
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/anony...tf-hormones-breast-developement-question.html

In summary, enjoy the time... don't get impatient... enjoy the experience :slight_smile:

(*hug*)

Oh concerning walk... men walk moving their shoulders forward... women sway their hips... if that helps a bit... I'd say give it a try, don't overdo it... its best if it comes kind of naturally, imo...

#3 jay777, Feb 21, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
  4. Chef

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    if you start on your left leg out when its going back you straighten it and bend the right leg when going forward. then move your hips to the opposite side of the forward leg. also women walk with thumbs out more then men. then will keep the elbows in, one last thing, walk with your shoulders straight back men walk with shoulders forward.
    have fun

5. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Only models do completely tightrope-style walking, but it's true that girls walk with feet closer to the central vertical line going down their spine. Guys tend to walk with a wider stance on their line, often moving side to side. Their feet are also usually turned outwards. To be more feminine, I'd suggest trying to walk as straight as possible, not many wide movements, and if you do that your hips will sway, and keep your feet straight (don't let them point outwards like a man's). It also looks more feminine if you put a little bounce into your walk by raising yourself just a tad more onto your forefoot when stepping. I've had to catch myself from doing that many times.

Crossing the legs is okay if the skirt is long/loose enough, but if not, just keep the knees together so there's not much of a gap, and feet together or close, if they're not close already. I know it may feel kind of awkward; it definitely did for me when I started spreading my legs way out when sitting, but you'll get used to it if you do decide to sit like that.

Not sure about the last one though.