1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help I have been questioning my gender

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by jaysizzle, Feb 22, 2015.

1. jaysizzle

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I have been questioning my gender for a while. I came out to my family and everyone as non binary and I told them I don't feel male nor female, but lately that has changed. I am faab and do not feel female at all. I do feel somewhat male, like I like it when I pass as male and I worry about passing a lot as male. Why do I worry about passing as male if I don't feel 100% male?. I feel about 40% male and 60% something else not male or female. I a so confused. I also am planning on starting testosterone soon and having top surgery, and have lots of body dysphoria, and want to look more masculine/like male. Am I ftm? or non binary?

#1 jaysizzle, Feb 22, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  2. kai397

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    You shouldn't worry about labels be who you are and don't worry about the gender thing it take a while to really figure it out

3. jaysizzle

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yeah thanks :slight_smile: ok I am trying to just be me and labels are so annoying. I am just worried about what to tell my parents because I don't feel wholly non binary anymore.

4. Tardis221B

Labels can be hard to let go of, but once you do (especially if no label really fits you) it can be extremely liberating.

Maybe you tell your parents that you're still non-binary but leaning more masculine. As most labels already need a bit more explaining, why not just tag a bit onto it to make it more fitting to your identity.

I hope things go well for you (*hug*)

5. jaysizzle

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    thanks :slight_smile: yeah I did tell them that I am leaning very masculine and will start t soon so yeah labels are just so confusing and nothing really fits me

6. Dykeface

You don't HAVE to have a label, of course. ^_^ But is it possible that you're polygender? That's when you're multiple, but not all genders (same difference as between polysexual, pansexual, and bisexual). Maybe you're both male AND genderqueer.

7. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Bigender, transmasculine, demiboy, or just genderqueer/nonbinary but leaning towards being male are all labels/descriptions that might work for you.

8. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Here is a viewpoint from another member that might help you:
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/anonymous-gender-identity-expression/149111-am-i-ftm.html#4

And I'd say labels are not overly important...

Remember that it's a spectrum, going from people living with almost androgynous appearance, to taking hormones, etc...
    Its up to you where you feel comfortable, and there is no such thing as being trans enough.

Just take the time you need.

You might have a look here:
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/gender-identity-expression/164514-i-dont-know-anymore.html#2
    You could think about support, maybe from a support group, or a gender therapist...

(*hug*)

9. DoubleSoul

DoubleSoul Guest

Labels aren't good for everyone. I hate them and I'm happy without them, for example.
    Furthermore, I use them only for bureaucracy.

If you need to find a label, then find it. But only for yourself, not for the others.