1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Binder Post

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Tai, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've been binding with two tight sports bras ever since I found out I might be trans... And while that has relieved me a bit, I realized I am struggling with more dysphoria than I need (well, I don't need dysphoria but you know what I mean). This is due to my bras not doing the complete job. I am a very flat-chested person, and it could be because of this, but I'll still have some bulk there that creates the slightest lumps. If I'm standing straight up, you can't even really see them. It's when I lean back or something... And it makes me dysphoric. So I've been looking for a binder. I don't know if it will be possible for me to get one because of my parents, but I'm going to ask my dad anyways.

I've been looking at this one, but I want to know what you guys think.

LesBinders Women Lesbian Tomboy Elastic Band Tube Top Chest Binder Breast Wrap Black:Amazon:Clothing

I'd like no straps so they don't peek out of my shirt, but if one binds better with straps I'd compromise. Also, I know I for sure don't want the vest kind, where it covers your whole abdomen like a tank-top (I'd overheat in that for sure; as it is, I'll probably overheat in any binder, but that kind's worse). Are there any kind that are very breathe-able because I get hot flashes even just with sports bras? Which binders are good?

2. Avery W

Out Status:
    A few people
  3. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Underworks is definitely good, and the tritop won't make you overheat. The straps just make it look like you're wearing an undershirt. I've also heard good things about gc2b binders.

One should generally avoid the cheap amazon binders because they tend to be less breathable and thus less safe, but as long as you're careful you should be fine.

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I also would advise to stay away from the cheap amazon binders. I have seen stories of people on the internet that have had a lot of issues with them. The thing with long term binders is that they have to be designed to have some give to them, or otherwise they could crack your ribs or get you sick. Generally, anything that has les in it are designed more as cosplay binders instead of long term use ones. (The exception to this rule is lesloveboat.) I've also heard that strapless binders have a tendency to ride up and down, and can become uncomfortable. Also, like the people above me have said, even with half length binders (which are the ones that I wear), they look like an undershirt. So, most people will not think twice if it shows through.

5. PossumJack

I've been using binders from the same company as the one you're considering for the past two months and haven't had any trouble so far (the joys of binding on a budget, right? *sigh*). Though if you can you should definitely buy one from underworks, I'd say LesBinders makes pretty good binders for its price range. I don't know how well a strapless one would work since I was worried that it would slip down from my chest over the course of a day, but the ones with straps bind pretty well and its easy to just pass it off as a sports bra or tank top if the straps peek out. Be careful to choose the right size though, since the fabric isn't *too* stretchable, though I can breathe comfortably in mine (I use a US size 0, though I'm pretty flat chested and around a 34A if you want it translated into bra sizes :\). I even took Phys Ed while wearing it and I didn't have much trouble, though you definitely shouldn't be full out exercising with it on. Basically, if you can afford a better binder you definitely should go for it, but if not then this is a safe alternative.

I also just wanted to point out that binders aren't actually supposed to make you *completely* flat! They're actually supposed to flatten your chest in a way so that they simulate pecs you might see on a cisman. If you observe the cisguys around you you'll actually notice that they're not completely flat either :lol: I've literally seen guys with larger moobs than I do. Different men have varying amounts of muscle, fat, and even breast tissue on their chests so its totally normal to have a guy with a little substance in their chest area.

Edit: I forgot to add that since this is only my personal experience, you should still be very careful with using these cheaper binders. As Brad said, they're generally intended for cosplay and such instead of long term use. If you feel any sort of discomfort you should stop using them, and you definitely shouldn't use it for more than 8 hours (I take it off immediately after coming back from school).

#5 PossumJack, Feb 23, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  6. FrereApothicair

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, as someone who has both an Underworks and a cheap Amazon binder, I'd definitely recommend the underworks, if you can afford it. The one from Amazon (LesTomboys) is a lot tighter, has no give, and is not breathable at all. I've actually ended up lightheaded and sore a few times from wearing the cheap one longer than I should have. Be safe!

7. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks for the help, everyone! That tri top one looks pretty good. I will stay away from the Amazon ones, my dad is an Amazon member so I thought I could use his account (with his permission of course). But if they don't last long-term or they're not as good a material I can spare an extra $25. About the flatness thing, the way that the bras shape my chest makes them look boob-shaped and not pec-shaped, if that makes sense. They look like small breasts rather than pecs. Also, I'm not really a pec guy, the bigger they are the more I feel like the man has boobs and if I had large ones that would make me uncomfortable. I'm not attracted to large pecs anyway for that reason.