1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this just a phase or something more??

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by thesecretcat, Feb 28, 2015.

1. thesecretcat

So bare with me on this one, this could sound confusing :confused:
    So I was born female and I feel comfortable being female on the whole, however some times I really want to look like a man, like I see a guy and think 'I want to be him' or 'I want to look like him' or sometimes both. When I see a good looking guy I can get very jealous/envious of him (I'm sure many people are envious of good looking people haha) but when I see a good looking woman (whose my type) I'm attracted to her and not at all jealous. It's different in a way, as I know girls who compete with other girls to try and look the 'prettiest' but with me I don't feel competitive with girls but competitive with boys. Now I can also be extremely girly too because I equally love dressing up in dresses and wear make up because it's fun but I also really want to dress up like a guy and walk around in public because well.... I think I would feel more comfortable and I also think that guy's clothing looks good. However when I spoke to some of my friends they said that I 'wouldn't be able to pull it off or make a convincing guy because I am too feminine and look too girly'. I don't get much time to dress up like a guy (my parents buy me very girly clothes and I did once ask my mum if I could get some guy clothes but she told me the fit would be all wrong and it would be a waste of money, which is fair enough) when I do I feel better, in a way.
    I must state that I do identify as female as I don't think (in this moment in time, things might change, who knows?) I want to actually live as a male (the idea of me actually living as man permanently kind of scares me). Now I know I have stated that when I see a guy I sometimes 'want to be him', what I mean by that is I do want to be like a guy but not permanently as I like being female (sorry if that didn't make sense).
    Am I just someone who likes to cross dress? Is it merely just a phase (I am only 17) or something as basic as fashion trends? Or could it be something more? :help:
    I'm very confused right now :confused: Thank you for reading :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

2. kiMMy23

Hi Secretcat !,

I am a lot like you. Except that I am MTF. Another difference is that I want to go completely female. Something inside me keeps pushing me. Like sometimes I think I must be absolutely loopy to want to be femme, but that is usually in the middle of the night and now that I am actively progressing towards my goals I feel stronger and more committed to reaching goal. It all started in earnest when I got my first perm two years ago. I know I didn't have much going for my face, but, oh that perm! For some crazy reason I felt pretty for the first time. As a guy I look OK, but I've never quite felt handsome though some have said I looked pretty good. Ever since I had the inclination of being pretty my life has changed dramatically. I seem to keep expanding my desires to be feminine. It started out with hair and moved on to face. Then I added clothes and then came my voice. It's taken me a year and a half and lotsa professional coaching, live and on Skype, and now I have a voice that even carries me successfully over the phone. I practice each and every day. I am working continuously on gait and mannerisms. I think I have a nice sense of clothing choices. I'm too heavy right now to present very much, but I am making great progress and plan on having my basic good body in June or July. Like you, when I see a another woman I admire her good looks and hair. I want ever so much to be like them and look like them. I'd like you to respond to me on this topic. How women judge the men they see on the street. I would probably do well to find women of various ages whose attitudes may have changed over time.This troubles me a lot. When I am out walking on the sidewalks and I see another woman and I give her a glance I sometimes get a look back that tells me there is some sort of distrust of males. It really bothers me that I can't telepathically communicate to them that I am a woman also. I want my whole mind and body to be femme. I guess you are just dabbling at this point. Which is perfectly OK . I just wanted to tell you the other side of the story. I think my biggest drawback personally is my looks. So, in that sense, I don't blame GG's for not being kind in their assessment of the basic me. I look too much like a guy. This should please you. My observance is that it is so much more publicly acceptable for a girl (woman) to dress as a man than the reverse. It's just considered cool and chic. I think the part of me that is trans and not CD is the need to present in some form each and every day even when I feel I don't look good enough to do so. I'd hate to see myself in a mirror at this point . I've boldly presented in public. You would have loved it. My spouse and I went furniture shopping last August. We openly declared ourselves to be sisters. To this day I wonder how the salespeople pegged us. But, we were there shopping for like two hours. I think part of what gave me courage was having gone out for a professional make over before we went shopping. My spouse always says when she wants to challenge me to see if I have the courage of my convictions, "Well, are you going to poop, or get off the pot?" How on earth could I possibly back down? I have to do it. I wish you well and much success in the decisions you make. keep posting about your progress or whatever way you decide to go. Don't be pushed to do anything that makes you feel uncomfortable and it should all work out. All the best.

3. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You could be a butch who likes to crossdress. Bigender and genderfluid also sound like they could be you. Take some time to do some soul-searching, and ask yourself what do you want to be seen as and what your mannerisms seem to signify.

4. shota

shota Guest

i feel like i always ment to have male part's and only male parts

5. thesecretcat

Thanks to everyone who has replied :slight_smile:
    This part of my message is in response to kiMMy23 :slight_smile: First of all thank you for responding and sharing your experiences, I found it very informative and helpful :wink: To answer your 'How women judge the men they see on the street' part is going to be quite difficult because each woman will feel differently about it. Personally, I don't tend to notice guys much on the street but depending on the situation or where I am this could be different. Say for example, I was alone on the street and it was getting dark, I would naturally become cautious of anyone (irrelevant whether they were a man or woman) because of the situation I was in, however if it was daytime and I was with someone or people were around, I wouldn't bat an eyelid at anyone. Some women may be cautious all the time when they are out whether it's dark or not because, unfortunately a lot women feel the need to become wary, we don't feel safe so we are always on guard. I remember when I was on a trip to London about a year ago with a friend and before we went we were given 'tips' about how to survive London, what I mean is we were given self-defense lessons. Now I'm not saying every man on the street is out to get us because that is not true, most guys are great and that's a fact and sometimes it's women who are the threat, but I think woman tend to feel more cautious than anything else. If a woman gives you a look of distrust, I wouldn't take it personally as she is probably cautious of everyone (if that makes sense :S :slight_smile:).

I hope this has answered your question well enough. Also thank you again for responding and I wish you well and I hope you have a good day. :slight_smile: Please feel free to respond or message me whenever :wink:.

Now this part of my message is in response to Tai's message :slight_smile: I personally wouldn't describe myself as 'butch' because if you ever saw me or met me, I am no where near butch hahaha. However I do understand why you may of come to that conclusion because of my earlier message, however I don't think it's quite as simple as just labeling me as one thing or another (I wish it was it would make life easier haha). The thing is, when I'm feeling girly, I am very girly and I enjoy wearing women's clothing because I am a woman hahaha however when I see a guy looking stylish or I'm not feeling particularly girly, I enjoy wearing men's clothing (though I don't get many opportunities to wear guy clothes sadly) and I sometimes wish/want to be a guy, however I don't think I would personally want to be a man permanently.
    I'm sorry if sounds stupid and confusing also sorry this message is so long hahaha :slight_smile:

I hope you all have a good day and thanks again for replying :slight_smile:

6. randomly me

randomly me Guest

You could look up genderfluid or bigender (not sure if this is what you mean but it sounds a little bit like it)