1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trans*guy or cross dresser?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by cloudcity, Mar 1, 2015.

1. cloudcity

cloudcity Guest

Hey. So, as a child I was definitely an tomboy. I always wore baggy clothes, dressed more like a guy, hated dresses, and hated being forced to wear headbands. And I have never liked my body to be curvy. About 5 months ago, I fully understood the term trans*. And that's when my life got twisted. That one word puts so much stress on me, and I'm so confused. I don't mind getting called with female pronouns, but I know for sure I like to present as a guy. I always wanted to cut my hair and am not allowed to, but my long hair kind of disgusts me. I just want it gone. There are certain aspects of being female that I don't mind, but the idea of a flat chest and starting t makes me happy. So basically, I feel fine with both, just more so with male. At the same time, male pronouns make me feel iffy. I hope there are some trans*guys out there that understand what I'm going through. Any tips on how to get through the confusion? :help:

2. TacobellKFC

Out Status:
    A few people
    Plz don't worry about labels, it will just stress you out.....pronouns are just words she, he, ze whatever, if you feel wrong in your own skin and just want to present you as the real you that's all that should matter plz don't overwhelm yourself with labels....and im the pot calling the kettle black on this one....good luck love you *hugs*

3. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You sound kind of androgynous to me.
    Ask yourself... if you could become a man now, but there's no going back, would you? What do you see yourself growing up as?

If not for your pronoun dilemma, I'd say you sound very trans... But most trans people hate being misgendered. How is it that you want to present, or be seen as a boy, but you like female pronouns? This is what makes me feel you lean towards androgyne. Or perhaps you're a trans guy who doesn't care about pronouns. You know yourself better than me, so you could ask yourself questions like these.