1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well, I did the COGIATI test.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Aeolia, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Aeolia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi !

I just did the Cogiati test and got a "Cogiati 3 Androgyne", from what I've seen about being androgyne... It might be the case.

But can I really use those results to determine my gender or is OutDated (or maybe plainly wrong) since it's a test from 1999 ?..

Thanks !

2. Acm

Acm Guest

That test relies purely on stereotypes so it's not at all accurate. You can't discover your gender from an online test anyways.

3. Aeolia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Well... I thought so too...
    And thank you for your answer ! :slight_smile:

4. MrK21

I looked at the Cogiati test. For a test of 65 questions and human beings having the attention span of less then a gold fish's? No. Neither is any test for gender identity or sexuality.

5. Awesome_trans_girl13

Out Status:
    All but family
    I just took that test and it said i was a clasification 4 probable transsexual

6. Im Hazel

"Deep down, what gender do you really see yourself as?"
    These questions are hard. As well as the ones about cars.

Hmmm. It said that I am androgyne. Maybe that is accurate.

7. Awesome_trans_girl13

Out Status:
    All but family
    If your inquiring that humans have less than a 3second attention span ur wrong because it has been prooven that fish have a long attention span, recorded as long as 4hours

8. MrK21

Awesome trans girl 13, I said less than a gold fish's so technically the statement is still true. From what I googled it said a humans attention span is around 5-10 minutes. The main point I was trying get across was that in a 65 question test it is really easy to rush through it and not answer very accurately.

9. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Please remember to keep the discussion geared toward helping the OP with their original question. :slight_smile:

10. DoubleSoul

DoubleSoul Guest

I don't know how reliable the Cogiati is, but I just have done the test and that's the result:

COGIATI classification TWO, FEMININE MALE
    What this means is that the Combined Gender Identity And Transsexuality Inventory has classified your internal gender identity to be mostly masculine, and that your gender issues are primarily matters of personal expression rather than a medical problem.

Well...I don't know what to think, really. I have always defined myself as a manly woman and now this test says I'm a feminine man? :eusa_eh:

11. Sam I Am

I skimmed the test and a huge number of the questions have to do with stereotypically-gendered stuff like empathy, linguistic skills, facial and voice recognition, abstract logic, spatial rotation, assertiveness, and a whole slew of other things.

To my knowledge, among gender-variant (I use this word to mean anything other than 100% cis) people, there is no consistent scientific data whatsoever on how different gender-variant types of people perform on these sorts of tasks (and only very minimal evidence that women and men perform differently in a meaningful way at all). The brains of folks who are gender-variant vary wildly in their similarity and differences to a "typical" male or female brain, with few consistent patterns, although the data are slightly less mucky for MtF folks than FtM.

Still. I can't see how this test could predict anything accurately, since it's not working off of anything scientifically valid. (Not to say that it couldn't be right by chance, but it also seems to be way off the mark from what other posters have said.)

---------------------

Also, upon reading closer, this test appears to be designed for only male-bodied people. Poo.

#11 Sam I Am, Mar 5, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  12. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Naw, I took the SAGE test a few months ago and I'm not taking any more online tests, unless my therapist recommends it. As others have already pointed out, they are based on stereotypes.

I understand they might seem fun when you are questioning, but... I'd rather experiment IRL, and see how it goes. I spend way too much time in front of computer screens already...

13. Lazuri

Having looked at it now, it's honestly worse. It's not just stereotypes, it's partly based on some actual physiological differences between men and women, like how a woman's larger language center enables them to read emotions better. This is physiological, there's no way it could never indicate whether a person's mindset is feminine or masculine.

14. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The test itself is not a good judgement of your gender.

That being said, the way you react to your results can be an indication. You know how sometimes when you can't decide between two things and you ask someone to choose for you, they choose option A and you feel relieved, suddenly realizing that was what you really wanted? If you got the result Androgyne and felt relieved that you hadn't gotten anything else (or at least hadn't gotten male), that could be an indication of your gender identity. But if you don't have any particular feelings about your result, the test itself won't say much about your actual identity.

15. Wildside

Wildside Guest

even if the test is not very reliable, what is reliable about how YOU feel about that result? if it feels right, if it feels like it fits, than you have your answer. no matter what any test or person tells you, it always comes down to that. I know that I have spent a lot of time for answers "out there," when the answers were "in here" all along

16. DoriaN

All online gender tests match how I feel, but I also think I'm stereotypically girly.

They can still be fun though.

17. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Classification 3, Androgyne :/ I dunno how much I trust the test, though