1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Genderfluid? What am I?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by LeviRose, Mar 5, 2015.

1. LeviRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    So, I'm a girl, born one, always felt like a girl. Although I am somewhat a "tomboy" I guess. I've always wanted to be "one of the guys". I hate being seen as a weak girl, who is squeamish. Sometimes I wanted to play football (not strong enough for that). I like boy things. I hate some girly things. But sometimes I like to wear dresses, and I want to wear makeup. I usually never wear make up, just because I don't feel like it, or it takes too long. I do sometimes feel uncomfortable in skirts though. If I could wear jean every day I would be happy. Recently I've started to see pictures of girls who have short "boyish" haircuts, who've used makeup to look more like a guy, and are wearing suits or something like that. And that just seems so much like me. Although I've never done that. I've always wanted short hair.
    I've always like boy's clothes. They are more comfortable, and they seem more like me. Even the tennis shoes. I love boys shoes, but I can't get them because my mom thinks they look too boyish. I have big feet so it's hard to find girls shoes that I like and that fit.
    My body has always seemed "boyish". like I have more body hair than some girls. I can never feel really "pretty or beautiful". It used to make me very upset when I thought about it because, i'm a girl, why can't I just look like a girl. I felt ugly. But once I discovered the word genderfluid its made me feel better about how my body is. I'd like to experiment in looking more like a boy, but I don't want to have anyone know about any of this until I am sure.
    But like, is this just a phase and I have to wait and see? Am I genderfluid? Or something else? If anyone could help me i'd appreciate it so much. (sorry for the length)

2. warholwendy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Your gender doesn't have to be related to how you dress.

3. nevers

Out Status:
    All but family
    Research some terms, expiriment a little. No one knows how you feel but you. Gender identity is a journey not a simple Q&A.
    Good luck I guess. Look up gender dysphoria, most of the time if you don't have any, you aren't transgender.

4. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You haven't said anything about not feeling like a girl. You have simply expressed an interest in boy's clothing. Boy's clothing is awesome. Rock your menswear. Cut your hair and wear guy's clothes and rock your androgynous look. But unless you have any reason to believe you actually feel like a guy, I would say you are simply a cis girl who likes dressing masculinely.

5. Wildside

Wildside Guest

wear whatever you like, whatever is comfortable. that doesn't determine your gender. you do!