1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a question to agender/neutrois/etc.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by chie, Mar 5, 2015.

1. chie

from early 2013 to about november of last year (2014 for you timetravelers), i have been off-and-on passively questioning my gender. then, in november, some unfortunate circumstances left me mostly internetless for about four months- in the middle of one of my passive questioning phases, which ramped it up to constant nonstop thinking: stressful, but it got me answers.

the only problem is that those answers don't seem to fit in any existing boxes outside of the vague, wishy-washy "nonbinary". and i mean, that's fine and all, but i've always liked knowing who feels like me, what sorts of sites and people and places to go to be with people I can relate... just, y'know. passive community. instead i feel like a lonely, confused outcast.

the way i feel would mot closely match neutrois and/or agender, except that it doesn't. not based on label alone, not based on definition alone. which means i either need to publically use the label i made for myself to find people like me, or it means that I just don't really understand those labels, that i'm making false assumptions about what being agender/neutrois feels like. i'd rather delay facing the possibility of being so different i have to label a whole new gender, which is a terrifying prospect given the prospective anger towards perceived special snowflakeyness.

so i'd love it if any agender/neutrois/similar-identified people here could describe their experience? i know that nobody has the exact same experience, but i'd like to go based off of common things, you know?

thank you in advance to anyone who responds. (*hug*)

2. Drednaught

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, for me, the concept of gender doesn't exist, (not dissing other genders) and I never got why people would say "girls are this" and "boys are that," so I never really identified with a gender because it literally doesn't exist in my head like it does for other people. I never really liked it when people make assumptions based on my sex, or rather making any assumptions based on trivial things like that at all, but what can you do? That's at least what I've gathered from my experience. Anyone can and should be able to express themselves however they want, but for me I don't see gender. All I see is a person expressing themselves however they want. (wether they identify with a gender or no gender, it doesn't matter)