1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Never Thought I'd Find Myself Over Here

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by JooBooGoo, Mar 8, 2015.

1. JooBooGoo

Well I just changed my gender box in my profile to something more accurate.
    Now I still do consider myself as male, but over the years I've always had those moments where I feel as if I should be with the other side. Let's pretend there is an imaginary border between male/female, now I'd be very loosely on the male side but occasionally visiting the other side for a cup of coffee or something. But I am still on the male team and going by "he and him" pronouns.
    Now you might be asking where am I going with this? Well I just got off the phone with my older sister after I told her that I might not be fully male, which is the second time I have come out to her after coming out as gay! :eusa_danc

2. RainDreamer

Well, the thing is, there is no such border between male/female identities in the first place and you have always been in both places at once...
    Actually I think it is silly to use such metaphor based on locations, because it is not entirely accurate.
    Our identities are not like a sliding cursor on a metaphorical scale that are accurately labeled and you can only be in one place at one time.
    It is more like a cup of hot chocolate milk (or hot milk chocolate). You pour hot milk into cocoa powder (or vice versa), then you mix it up. Sometimes there might be more cocoa than milk. Sometimes there might be more milk than cocoa. Sometimes they are perfectly equal in proportion. But they all get mixed up, all blended together, and you can't just really expect to point out where the chocolate or where the milk are, and you shouldn't care about that either. Just enjoy the drink.

...I hope that make sense.

3. JooBooGoo

Yeah... I do realize now I didn't use a very good metaphor or my situation explain very well.
    I had just woken up and I do know that one's gender identity doesn't really change.
    Sorry about that. :icon_redf