1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crossdressing advice

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by CaptiveLemon90, Mar 8, 2015.

1. CaptiveLemon90

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I've tried wearing lipstick a couple of times and enjoying it but don't know how to proceed. I've got a friend who is willing to help but I don't want to steal/borrow clothes or anything. Plus i am 6' 3" so it would be somewhat challenging to find clothes to fit.

2. MrCookie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I understand your pain, I am bisexual and I love cross dressing but I'm always scared to hide the clothes and stuff, for school I think you shouldn't care who thinks different about you and I got my panties from my mother and she doesn't know. And if you buy female clothes I don't think you should care about what people think at the store, lots of guys cross dress

3. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

There are websites that sell clothing for crossdressers in bigger sizes.

Of course of you know how to sew you could always make clothing yourself as well.

Also try experimenting with eye makeup. There are plenty of nice tutorials online.

4. CapQuestionmark

Seeing as I crossdress as male most of the time, I can understand your pain (in a way).
    I'm tall too, 5' 11", so i also know how hard it is to get good fitting clothes. If you feel comfortable and have a trusting friend, you can go to the store and let them help you find somethings. You'd be surprised to find that some guys can be found in the women's section-- although, mostly on behalf of their girlfriends.
    You can always order things online through a friend and pay them back. If it's a girl, then it will be less awkward all around.

I hope this helps, and, if you ever need anymore help or advice, feel free to ask! ^.^

5. CaptiveLemon90

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Does your average department store have clothes for very tall women?

6. CapQuestionmark

Well, since your height seems to be your biggest worry, you should look into skirts and dresses. Pants will definitely need to be tried on, while with skirts you can usually guess or know by looking at them. Don't go for short ones first, though, that's just asking for trouble.

But, if skirts aren't your cup to tea, you can look at the large section of the clothes. Holding things up to yourself will usually do the trick. If you don't feel comfortable with doing it yourself, have a friend hold it up to themselves and measure accordingly.

A visual measurement isn't always the most accurate way to shop. But I can understand if you don't feel comfortable trying on girls clothes in a public store. Even I feel a little self conscious walking through the men's section sometimes, but then I remind myself that it's my choice and I can do as a damn well please! even as I feel their eyes on me (ugh, close minded butts, the lot of 'em!)