1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't know my gender... Please help.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by MonsterAnarchy, Mar 11, 2015.

1. MonsterAnarchy

I was always raised in a Christian home and was totally oblivious to the LGBT community until middle school. In that time period, my mind has been opened up and i realized so many things with religion, sexuality, and gender identification. I am totally confident that i know I'm atheist, totally confident that i know i'm pansexual... but now i'm very confused about my gender. Ever since i was young, i always felt like a girl (born female, too). But when i reached 3rd grade, i felt a little more masculine, but i never thought much of it cause i was only 8 and didn't comprehend gender identification. And i still considered myself a girl. as years passed, i became more masculine than feminine. Yeah, i had my feminine moments in middle school, but i was mainly masculine. But i still didn't think much of it cause i still didn't know there were more genders out there than Cis and trans. in my freshman year in high school, i was more educated on genders. And I did some research and it made me question my own gender.
    I was always raised in a Christian home and was totally oblivious to the LGBT community until middle school. In that time period, my mind has been opened up and i realized so many things with religion, sexuality, and gender identification. I am totally confident that i know I'm atheist, totally confident that i know i'm pansexual... but now i'm very confused about my gender. Ever since i was young, i always felt like a girl (born female, too). But when i reached 3rd grade, i felt a little more masculine, but i never thought much of it cause i was only 8 and didn't comprehend gender identification. And i still considered myself a girl. as years passed, i became more masculine than feminine. Yeah, i had my feminine moments in middle school, but i was mainly masculine. But i still didn't think much of it cause i still didn't know there were more genders out there than Cis and trans. in my freshman year in high school, i was more educated on genders. And I did some research and it made me question my own gender.

Ever since high school started, I felt more feminine than masculine. It was a weird switch. But i accepted it. Now, I'm very confused. Cause I know there are people who either feel completely girl/boy, people who are genderqueer, bigender, gender fluid and so much more.

I always thought that people were either a boy or a girl, but then i see all the other genders who fluctuate, or don't even feel like a gender at all.

I always felt like that i am a girl... but not completely. Like, yes, a lot of times i feel neutral, but i never really considered myself a guy, however, i wouldn't mind being called by "he" pronouns. And i wouldn't mind being called by "she" pronouns considering i feel more feminine than masculine at times.

******Also, i kinda change. Like, with some of my friends, I am total 100% girl. I'm totally feminine and more "cute-sy" and adorable. But with other friends, I really don't feel like either a boy or a girl. Just neutral.*********

Can someone please help me understand myself a little better? I'm utterly confused :/ thank you so much
    Ever since high school started, I felt more feminine than masculine. It was a weird switch. But i accepted Now, I'm very confused. Cause I know there are people who either feel completely girl/boy, people who are genderqueer, bigender, gender fluid and so much more.

I always thought that people were either a boy or a girl, but then i see all the other genders who fluctuate, or don't even feel like a gender at all.

I always felt like that i am a girl... but not completely. Like, yes, a lot of times i feel neutral, but i never really considered myself a guy, however, i wouldn't mind being called by "he" pronouns. And i wouldn't mind being called by "she" pronouns considering i feel more feminine than masculine at times.

******Also, i kinda change. Like, with some of my friends, I am total 100% girl. I'm totally feminine and more "cute-sy" and adorable. But with other friends, I really don't feel like either a boy or a girl. Just neutral.*********

Can someone please help me understand myself a little better? I'm utterly confused :/ thank you so much

2. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Have you heard of demifemale? It's when someone identifies only partially as female, and I believe it's considered a non-binary gender.

I'd like to say that females can feel completely masculine all the time, yet they are 100% female. It's whether they feel male that counts.

I'm 100% male, but I feel most confident when I dress femininely. You place a baseball cap on me and I'll feel okay. You place a flower in my hair and I feel like I could punch a tiger in its face.

Femininity and masculinity are gender expressions, not gender identity. Often it will correlate, but sometimes it doesn't. Keep this in mind as you're exploring.

As for not minding pronouns, I know a few people who said they don't care about what pronouns are used for them. Some are cisgender and some aren't.

Ultimately, it's your call on what to label yourself. Questioning is a very difficult time and I wish you the best.

3. Quen

(Coming here from your intro thread) Nychthermeron hit all the important points, and I agree that you might be somewhere on the non-binary spectrum, but you ultimately get to choose what you want to call yourself, including pronouns.

4. MonsterAnarchy

thank you! c: <3