1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I care too much

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Outlier, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Outlier

My previous (and first) thread was about not being able to pass at all as a man with this body without just looking like a butch lesbian. I didn't want to do that, not because there is something wrong with looking like a butch lesbian, but because that isn't a comfortable look for ME, specifically.
    I was reading some other threads and kind of realized my real problem is how other people (that I don't even know) will perceive me. But so what, right? They ALREADY see me wrong. I really need to stop caring so much about what other people think. That's always been a problem for me, but starting now I'm going to start working harder at being myself and not caring what that random person at the store who I'm never going to talk to or probably see again thinks about me.
    Still, as a personal preference, being a gay man inside, looking butch isn't the most exciting of ideas. But there has to be some middle ground. Some way to express who I am AND be happy with it, even with this body, until I have the one I need. I just have to find it and do what I want without fearing judgy eyes. Easier said than done, but I'll get there!

2. Jellal

It sounds like you've found a good starting point to move forwards from. Big thumbs up!

3. Queero

I get that. My friend, who is a lesbian, told me that before I came out to her, she thought I was a lesbian. And then she started thinking I was a straight guy. I thought it was pretty hilarious myself.

A lot of people seem to think I'm a lesbian, there's nothing wrong with that, except I'm just a really gay guy. It's kinda weird.

Ignoring what the random people think about you is a really good step.

---------- Post added 12th Mar 2015 at 06:56 PM ----------

That was supposed to say "I'm really just a gay guy". WOW sorry.

4. Outlier

Lol. That gave me a good giggle. :-D

5. Queero

I realized right after I hit "post" what I had done.

I'm glad. :slight_smile:

6. jAYMEGURL

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Dear Outlier :

I understand your feelings exactly, I, too, have been cursed with a thing called " a
    conscious ", and I care about people too much. But, as of last summer, when I
    became trans-gender-ed and a cross-dresser, and started going out into this world of ours, I realized that I just don't care about people's negative remarks regarding myself and my attire.

You see, I look at a person for their heart and their courage, that's what makes us strong. If we didn't have courage, then we wouldn't be able to face life's challenges.
    The fact that we are both gay, and can openly talk about this fact means that we both have a strong conscious, but people in today's society, are going to test our will everyday, by trying to make us feel like fools. This is something we have to overcome,
    because in today's society, " THE AUTHORITY " does everything in its power to make our gender the HATED. Look how long it took society to recognize gay marriage, ( and we still have a long ways to go on this concept.

So, if you want your hair cut regular style, or a " BUTCH " cut, it is your own business. It really is up to you. Make it your own style, let society deal with it,

Jaymegurl

7. Outlier

<3 Thank you. To courage! :beer: