1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. cooltransginger

I'm not going to do this for awhile, but I have a few questions about sex reassignment surgery(male to female). How much would it cost (and I'm talking about everything, lasic hair removal, vaginoplasty, female growth hormones, like growing boobs, and looking feminine)? Would the surgery give me everything, such as breasts, a vagina, new hair, and give me feminine qualties, like a different look? Is it bad to like both genders as a transsexual woman, and have intercourse with both? Would I need to buy women's clothing and know how to do makeup before, so that I know? This one is stupid, but could I still be able to masterbate? This last question is alittle long. How do I start the process, like where do I begin? I know that you go to endocrinologist, who gives you medicine to grow breasts and to start female hormones and stop male ones, and you get small surgeries that lead met to become a woman. If anyone could answer these questions, it would greatly help me. Thanks. :slight_smile:

2. KayJay

Well the laser hair removal cost varies depending on where you go. I'm charged 100 for each session although the lady gives me a big discount because I guess I'm transgender really.

I don't actually know too much about the actual bottom surgery. You can definitely masturbate, I've heard some people keep most nerves there and have satisfying sex still, I've also heard the opposite, I'm sorry I'm not much help there.

There isn't really surgery to give you new hair, you'd have to get a wig or grow your own hair long. I think they do have hair transplants but I don't know anything about it. You can actually transition without any surgeries if you're comfortable with that.

The hormones vary greatly depending on the person. My doctor said about two years will be how long it takes for maximum breast growth, depending on genetics and stuff. Also depending where you live and what type of insurance you have, hormones can be free, have a small cost or cost a lot. I know for me I only pay 6 dollars for 3 months of Spiro and estrogen. I started by talking to my GP who had no idea at all what to tell me. So I had to call around looking for doctors who do HRT who were also accepting new patients. I got my name on a few lists and a few months later luckily a spot opened up, I was told it could have been up to two years so that was a blessing! I don't really know how it'll work where you reside though.

You should definitely look into women's clothes and makeup and anything else feminine you need to get acquainted with. Makeup isn't too difficult, at least the basics aren't :slight_smile:

And lastly it is totally ok to like whoever you are attracted to, women or men or in between.

Hopefully I helped a bit. I always feel a bit less helpful answering questions for people because it's different in Canada than it is the US.

3. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I can answer your question pertaining to liking both genders. I am a transsexual male (which you are NOT, so please change your gender on here to trans female). And I like both genders.

Also transgender is not an orientation.

4. Lazuri

It's not all one surgery, but rather multiple ones.

Generally, there are a few procedures that a MtF transgender go through and off the top of my head I can think off the actual sex reassignment surgery, hormone therapy, eventual breast enlargement if you want to, hair removal, a tracheal shave and FFS (Facial Feminization Surgery.)

The two latter ones are some that people forget. The tracheal shave isn't self-explanatory, but it's essentially a reduction in size of your adam's apple if you have a noticeable one. The FFS is what it sounds like as in many cases hormones gives you a more female appearance, but bone structure or other facial features ruins the overall female look. In that case you can go through FFS where they reshape bone structure and some other things to make you look more feminine.

If you want or need all of these procedures it becomes quite costly. Now, I live in Sweden where most of this stuff is covered by government programs and it will cost me about 400 dollars, around 4000 maybe if I want FFS. In the US though, it varies a lot, but the most common number I see for the essential stuff (sex reassignment, hair removal and hormones) it's around 80K. Don't quote me on that though as transgenders who live there are probably more knowledgeable.

Being transgender is not a sexual orientation and is separate. You can be transwhatever and bang whomever you want.

I recommend getting some female clothing and learning makeup beforehand as doing so will teach you a little about yourself and help you realize if you are trans or not. Test the waters before you dive in. If you get good with makeup you can also use it to practice conturing where you basically use makeup to create visual illusions of a more feminine bone structure. Actually, that tip extends to a lot of FtM transgenders too; makeup conturing does wonders both ways.

As for the sexual stuff: if the sex reassignment surgery is done well, you should have a genital organ that works much like a cis female's. Erotic tissue is recycled, so to speak, to create the new one and it ends up functioning just fine. You can still feel sexual pleasure and still have orgasms, though I've heard they're not as powerful as previously--though some people see that as a good thing as it becomes less of a finale and more of a crescendo. The one thing that usually doesn't come natural is lubrication, not always though as some people actually have some natural lubrication after sex reassignment. Most people need to use some other product, though. All in all, the transition for MtF transgenders is very clean and usually renders much better results than the FtM counterpart. After all, it is much easier to repurpose tissue than it is to essentially make new.

#4 Lazuri, Mar 13, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2015