1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Think I'm Genderfluid?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by AHellaRadDork, Mar 14, 2015.

1. AHellaRadDork

Out Status:
    A few people
    Okay, so this is my first thread on here and I'm not sure if I'm doing it right, but oh well.

Lately, I've been questioning my gender identity. (I'm biologically female, by the way.) Like I said, I think I'm genderfluid, but I'm not entirely sure. There's some days where I don't think much of it and assume a more feminine role, but then other days all I can think about is how much I hate my female body and how much I want to be a boy, and I've even considered getting top or bottom surgery when I get older. I've even thought of getting a binder, even though my chest is already flatter than most girls my age. I want to look more masculine, but my personality is more on the feminine side, I guess? It's just all really confusing. Most of the time I think about how I was born into the wrong body with the wrong parts.

I've researched a lot on it, and it's really ticking me off because I just don't know. I tried a little experiment before, asking my online friends to use male pronouns with me and to call me "Matthew," and that made me happy, but some days it didn't?

I don't even know how to explain how I'm feeling right now. Any advice would be highly appreciated.

This site is kind of confusing?

2. Noodle72

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To me, it sounds like you're genderfluid, since from what you said, it seems that some days you feel like a girl, and some days you feel like a guy, but correct me if I interpreted it wrong.
    Hope this helps, and I hope you have a nice day! :slight_smile:

3. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree. You could totally be genderfluid. It sounds to me like your gender changes (which would explain why 'Matthew' feels comfortable some days and not others), but only you know what you're actually feeling. Do you feel like your gender changes?

Definitely look into getting a binder if you think that might help. It can make you feel a lot more comfortable when you're feeling dysphoric.