1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm so confused..

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by A Unique Name, Mar 15, 2015.

1. A Unique Name

So, a few days ago, a few of my friends were making fun of a transgender male. It really got to me, so I decided to speak up to them. After going on a rant, they asked if I was transgender (just joking around). This really got to me, not because they were fucking with me, but because it really confused me. I started thinking about it, and then I realized something. For all of my life, I've been doing very feminine things on some days while also staying kinda masculine. It's not that I want to be a female, but I don't want to identify myself as a male either. I hate being labeled as gay or straight, and I feel the same way about being labeled as male or female. I hate to admit it, but I think that I may be genderqueer. I don't know though. Can anybody please help me figure this shit out? Thanks..

2. DoriaN

It's not really something others can help with per say, you recognize you're not entirely comfortable being male, but it's up to you if you want to do something about it to change.

Those who are trans, generally have strong body dysphoria, and when being called or associated as someone incorrect it triggers negative emotions. For myself if I was called a man that would be wrong, since I'm female. If someone called me gay, les, asexual, or pan, that would be upsetting and wrong too since I'm bi. If I was called black that would be wrong, and if I was called short that would be wrong.

Dysphoria - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

By the sounds of it you are not like this, atleast in body and how others perceive you. Perhaps you're just a feminine male, though in actuality you're just a human that behaves in traditional male and female ways, though lacking any personal bodily dissatisfaction.

Disliking how others treat you is common, it's not just a gender thing, but what matters is how you feel about yourself.
    If you're comfortable with the fact that you're not bound by society's preconceived notions of how men and women should behave, then you're good to go!

3. A Unique Name

It's not so much that I dislike the way that others treat me, or being called male or female, it's that I hate being bound to one gender. Like, it's not that I want to be a female, and it's not that I want to be a male, I just want to be a person. I don't WANT to be a gender. I feel uncomfortable when I'm associated with gender in general, not specifically male, and not specially female. Like, when I think about my gender or my sexuality, I get incredibly depressed and it invokes panic attacks. And thank you so much for sending me the link. It means a lot. :slight_smile: And by help, I mean help with identifying what I seem more like, based on the descriptions that I've given. I should have definitely been more specific with that part. That's my bad.