1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Can I Embrace My Male Side?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by TrueHeartZ, Mar 15, 2015.

1. TrueHeartZ

I've been doing a lot of soul searching for a few days and am considering embracing my male side. I don't want anyone to know that's what I'm doing though. I've heard people tell me that I should start dressing more like a man, but one of the things I've done to hide these feeling is be into the latest fashions. I know if I suddenly started dressing like a guy they'd know somethings up. What can I do to make my self feel more like a man?

2. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do some soul searching. Be genuine and true to yourself. It's better said than done, but finding ways to boost your confidence can help you out. It's not about "dressing" like a man or "acting" like one that makes the man, but how you carry yourself.

3. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Stop repressing stuff.

4. Tardis221B

Just try focusing on who you are. What clothes you wear don't dictate who you are, it only dictates how other's will likely perceive you.

I find that just finding quiet moments outside away from the city or people, if I can just be, that's when I feel most connected with me, and that's when I feel most male.

Also if you wanted to experiment with feeling male without showing that to the world yet, you could try either online games or join a forum/ chat room create a male avatar, and experiment with using male pronouns and a male name.

Something else that I realized (just today) that's really helpful for me is creative writing. Write what ever you want, but if you write in the first person, and imagine your protagonist as male, I don't know about you, but for me the protagonist almost instantly became me, and I was just able to slip into this whole other world where I was me, where I was a guy.

Hope some of these ideas help you feel more comfortable with yourself.

5. randomly me

randomly me Guest

If you'd like to alter your look without being suspicious you can try things like cutting your hair only a little shorter use male shampoo or deo and wear more androgynous clothing...all in a very subtile way.