1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Names

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by animequeen567, Mar 20, 2015.

1. animequeen567

I am agender. I am juggling the idea of picking a name. I know a lot of people pick new names, and I've thought of several. I still kind of like my birth name though. I also kind of want to change my name to Freddy. So would it be a bad idea to go by two names?

2. Jellal

Online I can go by a lot of names, but I can tell you that IRL having multiple people call me different names—my original, hated birth name, my gender neutral initials, my chosen name ... it's a major headache. I hate it when people stumble over my name and then name me like three things in a row. It makes me fucking regret I ever brought up multiple names. So my advice is find one name you really want to stick with over the others, and push that one hard.

3. ctrl alt delete

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What I did was I picked a name that was comfortable enough in the short term and was pretty close to my original name. Then I started thinking about it more deeply and I ended up having a dream where my new name was revealed to me. Its a little bit embarrassing but it really fits who I am. So now I'm gonna start getting new people to refer to me as "river" :slight_smile:

4. Hizaki

It probably wouldn't be a "bad thing", but like it was said previously, it might cause some problems or explanations.

I like that name, River!

5. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    What kind of names were you thinking of? Would you feel comfortable sharing some? 'Cos it would be easier to make suggestions if we had something to work off of.

I thought of a few gender neutral ones, but they probably aren't any good.
    Alex
    Bobby (Could be short for Robert or Roberta)
    Charlie
    Chris (As in Christopher, Christian, Christine)
    Danny/Dani
    Eren/Erin
    Freddy (As you suggested)
    George/Georgie/Georgia
    Harry/Harriet
    Indigo
    Jamie/Jordan/James/Jesse/Jess
    Kiera/Kieran
    Lou/Lee
    Micky/Mitch/Misha